cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxdb login problem in sql studio using user SAP<SID>

Former Member
0 Kudos

i met a problem about login Maxdb in sql studio using user SAP<SID>, it always pop up "invalid authorization specification", but when i change to use superdba, then it will be ok.

i confirm that the password input for SAP<SID> is correct, could you guys provide some help on it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> i met a problem about login Maxdb in sql studio using user SAP<SID>, it always pop up "invalid authorization specification", but when i change to use superdba, then it will be ok.

> i confirm that the password input for SAP<SID> is correct, could you guys provide some help on it?

Now, how do you confirm this?

Have you tried to logon with the same username/password via e.g. sqlcli?

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it has been tried either.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Yes, it has been tried either.

And what has been the result?

Common, if the logon worked with sqlcli but not in SQL Studio then there had been a difference between them!

Did you fill in the server name field in SQL Studio?

In all cases of "SQL Studio logon does not work" I've seen yet over the last 6 years, it has always been a mistyping - not once a bug of the software.

So, I really tend to think you're not using the correct credentials.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, i have changed the sap<sid>'s password in DBCO, can confirm the password i used is correct.

I wonder why sap system could logon db with the user, but i could not logon with it in sql studio.

What's difference between these 2 situation?

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Actually, i have changed the sap<sid>'s password in DBCO, can confirm the password i used is correct.

> I wonder why sap system could logon db with the user, but i could not logon with it in sql studio.

> What's difference between these 2 situation?

Actually there's no difference.

So something must be wong with the user data which are used with SQL Studio.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

btw, what's default password for SAP<SID>, if not specified at installation stage?

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Calvin Xu,

1) Did you install the SAP system using SAPinst tool?

What system did you install?

What is the version of your database?

2) Please check if you connect to the database as SAP<SID> user using dbmcli tool with default password 'sap' or your new password:

Dbmcli u2013d <SID> -u control,<pwd>

<enter>

Dbmcli on <SID>>sql_connect superdba,<pwd>

<enter>

Dbmcli on <SID>>sql_execute select * from users

<enter>

Dbmcli on <SID>>sql_connect SAP<SID>,sap

<enter>

Dbmcli on <SID>>exit

3) If you are SAP customer, please review the SAP notes:

25591 Changing the DBM, SYSDBA and DBA user passwords

Please enter the commands & outputs you run on your database server.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia Khlopina

I try the command you provide, sap<sid> could pass the authorization and succeed to execute the sql query.

Here is the output:

" C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>dbmcli -d CD1 -u control,control

dbmcli on CD1>sql_connect sapcv1,sap

OK "

But I am still confused that:

1. Actually, i have entered the password for SAP<SID> during the installation and also changed its password in DBCO, why it still use default password for authorization?

Thanks for reply.

Edited by: Calvin Xu on Apr 13, 2010 4:27 AM

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Calvin Xu,

1) Now, you should be able to connect to the database using SQL Studio as SAPCV1 user with default password.

2) To run the analysis of the database user created with default password, if you have entered the password for SAP<SID> during the installation I recommend via SAP message.

Did you already create the SAP ticket on this issue?

Did you enter the password for SAP<SID> database user during the installation of database instance or your application server?

3) For SAP database documentation please see the SAP note 767598.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, i enter the password during the installation of database instance and application server.