cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Location in Production Order Component Overview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When creating a Production Order using CO0, the Component Overview will list out the corresponding BOM for the Finished Good. We have defined a number of plants and storage locations. I see here that the plant and storage location is automatically determined in the components overview. I would like to set defaults for these, may I ask where in SPRO is this configured?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207609
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The plant and storage location does not come from customization, the storage loaction is from the material master, the field 'Prod. stor. location' in MRP 2 view.

The plant is determined by the one of order header that you inputted while entering CO01.

Best Regards.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can get a different plant other than header materials plant through special procurement type in material master.

if a component spl procurement type has issuing plant as XXX then XXX plant will get populated in components overview of the prod order.

you can do the config setting in spro - define special procurement types

Kumar

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

To set default , please maintain in MM02-Change Material Master -MRP2 view Production Storage Location as per your requirement so that it will be defaulted accordingly during Production Order Creation .Please note that you do not need to do this set up in config level .It is in material master level only .But you need to extend the material for that storgae location before you are defaulting through MMSC.

Regards

JH

former_member228481
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make it default, in Component Overview, Plant you should get anyway if you have extended MRP views for the plant for which u r creating Production Order.

For Storage location, in MRP 2 View Give the Storage location from where you want to pick that Item. in the Field "Production Storage location" and U MUST extend this in MMSC for that material and PLant.

Otherwise it is not visible in Component overview of Order.

Regards

RAghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its take from material master of component in MRP 2 view wher you put production storage location.

In this case preference given to this location if material is not available in location then you can remove storage location from production order & pick material from other location.

Regards

SANIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Storage location in production order is pre-setting in bom component level/and MPR2 view,

First priority is Bom Component level, i will transfer Production order only this BOM if maintianed here.

second priorty is Material master date in MRP2 view, it will effected all components and all bom which used this components.

Benny