cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM MAINTENANCE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

Q. Can you please let me know what are the required Entities in R/3 to be maintained & also the fields in CIF Integration model to maintain a PPM in APO.

Assumption based on my knowledge is that we need to maintain a BOM, Production Version & a Routing for sure (MANDATORY) to maintain a PPM in APO. CORRECT me if i am wrong.

Also when you maintain Routing (it is assumed that Work Center is also pulled in to APO) . Am i Right?

These questions are quite Critical for my implementation. Please let me know.

Best regards,

KING.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi King,

For PPM Maintenance, the following are the mandatory

1) Integration models should exist for location, product,

work center etc.,

2) Material master should be created in R/3

3) BoM & routing should be maintained in R/3

4) Production version should be created in R/3

5) BoM & routing should contain all relevant times (like

set up time, machine time etc.,)

6) Work centre should be maintaine in R/3

7) Production version should be assigned to material

master in R/3

😎 Before creation of integraiton model for PPM, work

centre model needs to be created

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi King,

For ciffing work center, you need to select tick on work

centre in CFM1 transation and on the right hand side

you enter your selection critieria

For ciffing PPM, you need to select tick only on PPM and

no need to select tick on production version, bom etc.,

Because once u tick on PPM, it will transfer bom, routings,

production versions associated with this and as a result

everything will get transferred to APO as a single PPM

Hope it is clear now. Please confirm

Regards

R. Senthil mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does that mean Worl Center/Resource is mandatory to maitain a PPM. Is there any possibility in a Subcontracting scenario where Routing cannot be considered & still we can maintain a PPM?

Also i dont find Work Center option in the CFM1 transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

King,

Work Centers are near the bottom in CFM1 under 'Material Independent objects'

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

My bad...do u know de answer for de 1st part of my question?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

"

Does that mean Worl Center/Resource is mandatory to maitain a PPM. Is there any possibility in a Subcontracting scenario where Routing cannot be considered & still we can maintain a PPM? "

Work center/ resource is mandatory to maintain a PPM , except in case of subcontracting scenario.

In case of subcoontracting scenario, we must have a purchasing info record of the type subcontracting in R/3 and in that we need to maintain the production version name. In the production version we give BOM details.

I hope this answers your remaining part.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I conclude that we can maintain PPM in APO in a Subcontracting Scenario without a Resource:

Entities to be maintained in R/3:

1. BOM

2. Prodcution Version

3. Routing

"NO WORK CENTER"

If this is right then i can let my Boss know about it.

Thanks for your help Guyz.

Please confirm.

Best Regards,

KING

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you please go through the complete documentation about subcontracting options in SCM APO at following URL:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/21/186b398c15ef59e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

This is structured help document.

Limitations of Subcontracting in SNP are as below:

Subcontracting in SNP is supported by SNP heuristics and SNP optimizer.

Capacity levelling for Subcontracting resources is not supported. Deployment and TLB of subcontracting orders ( from the subcontractor to the receving plant) are also not supported. The planned order at the subcontractor and and the transport order from the subcontractor to the plant are not seperately planned.

I hope this will help you.

Regards

Datta

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, production version is mandatory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried CIFING PPM across to APO.

1st Try:

I maintained a BOM & Routing. Checked PPM also in the Integration Model but i was not able to CIF the PPM across to APO.

After maintaining a Production Version i was succesfully able to transfer PPM across.

Does this infer that BOM,ROUTING & PRODUCTION VERSION are MANDATORY for us to maintain a PPM in APO?

Best Regards,

KING

Former Member
0 Kudos

King,

BOM is optional, eg if your material has no BOM, you can still create a PPM. If you do have a bom, any appropriate entries needed in your PPM must be in the PV. Routing must be in the production version. Then, when you CIF across the PV, it becomes the PPM in APO.

Work centers must exist in APO as resources before you can send across a new PPM. If you have a BOM, component material numbers must exist in APO before the BOM goes across. Optionally, you can include the work centers and component materials in the same IM as the production version.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think i know what you mean by Components should be der in APO before BOM gets CIFed over to APO but i dont understand how do i send Work center to APo as Resource as i dnt see any option to send the Routing over to APO as a Resource.

Correct me if i am wrong :

Procedure to maintain a PPm in APO:

1. BOM must be maintained in R/3 (if needed not Mandatory though)

2. Routing must be maintained in R/3 & Workcenters will be assigned to the Routings.

3. Production Version is a Must which will have all the entries like BOM & Routing mentioned in it.

In the Intergration model for maintaing PPM in APO, the following fields should be checked:

1. PPM

2.BOM

3.Mention the Production Version.

4. Parent Material & Location.

Please let me know if i need to check or maintain anything else.

Best Regards,

KING