cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms - 2 columns of my table don t appear in the print preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI, I m new in this forum and don t have too much experience in Smartforms. I have a problem with a Smartform in my job, The control program give a internal table to the smartform with all the data that it needs. Now i did a debug to the smartform and i checked that the internal table is passing all the correct data.

I did a code to passing the missing field data to a variable created in the smartform, and try to print the variable, but nothing appear. I checked that the data was passing to the variable with a debug too, all was correct. Now one of the missing columns have date as data, that column only print the 2 periods of separation of the day.month.year.

After that a tried to print text directly in text node of the table, and it worked, it was printed.

So im not sure what is the problem here, like i said im working with a table in the smartform, not a template. Its like both columns wasnt abilitated somehow, like i said i don t have too much exprience in smartforms, i hope you can give me some hints about how i can solve this.

Thanks.

Edited by: Eradicator on Apr 11, 2010 10:42 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try template to print variable

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, thx guys i found the problem you were right, the smartforms was working but i was checking the worng line, and cuz im working in a laptop i couldn t check the nro of the document or any other detail. So my first solution for this probklem was right, but i had to check that in other PC with a bigger screen to notice that.

thx for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact nothing is wrong.

You can define components of the structure/table using data element or directly specifying data type/length.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, i tried that in the code node for both columns of the table in the smartform but nothing change, it still can t print those columns in the preview of the smartform. I create new global variables, type char10 and copy the data of the field in the WA thats correspond to those columns to the global variables, i put a break point in that code and i checked that the data pass correctly, but didn t appear in the smartform preview.

So anybody have any other idea of what can be wrong here, or at least some things that i could check to discard posibilities?

Edited by: Eradicator on Apr 13, 2010 4:08 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok - I've tested the following example:

Test type string - defined in global definition, than

test = ekko-aedat (so I moved date from field of type dats), than in text node:

&test&

and it displayed correct date. Can you try this way ? However it is pure date format YYYYMMDD, without any . / , etc

Ok, so I've tested also write formula, to take user display settings into account:

test TYPE char10, than

WRITE ekko-aedat TO test, than

&test&

and we've got the correct date..

Edited by: Marcin Cudo on Apr 11, 2010 11:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, thx for your answer but i checked and the type is D(8) instead of dats, both field don t have any Data Element defined only the type. in that structure there are 3 fields that doesn t have Data elemente defined, but the other field is working, its a integer and it use a code to pass the data like i put it before. i changed that and i put &WA_REPORT-KURSF& directly in the text node and it worked too.

Any idea of was wrong with this table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you write what do use to dispaly those additional variables in text node for specified columns ?

It's hard to judge without any technical details, however for me the most weird thing is that dots related to date column are printed..

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, im using T_STRING have a string type it s declare in the global variables of the smartform. The columns missing are C(10) and dats type.

WRITE WA_REPORT-ZNROANT TO T_STRING.

CONDENSE T_STRING.

About the periods i changed the text font of that text node and put it bold to see what happend and the 2 periods got bold too.

If i change the align of the text in that text node, the perods change their position, pretty weird!

Thanks for your help !!

Edited by: Eradicator on Apr 11, 2010 11:00 PM

Edited by: Eradicator on Apr 11, 2010 11:04 PM