cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Enterprise Architect Certified

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am an independent SAP Consultant specializing in Managing Projects end to end. I need some direction and advise on how best to streamline my leaning and horn in on a combination of speciality areas. I am highly interested in getting certified in the following areas: Enterprise Architecture and Business Process Management. Please can you advise on the best way I can archive this? Again my focus is to get certified.

Thanks,

Ini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You got 2 options:

1. Either attend SAP classromm for said courses (SOA200 and BPX)

2. Self learning.

For non-technical SAP course self learning is difficult path as all certification questions come from course book. However for Enterprise architecture you can go for Togaf certification which is bit cheaper than SOA200 and SOA250 course and can be done using self-learning as well.

Later you can decide to go for SOA200 course which overlap with togaf so clearning certification would be easy.

For BPX related course I don't have much idea.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

Thank you very much for your response. Great information. Follow up question please.

- Do you consider EA is a non-technical SAP course? Does this not include some level of technical knowledge?

- Additionally, like I asked he Trevor who answered this post earlier, does taking the SOA200 course alone help me to prepare and take the EA certification exam?

Thank you again.

Ini

Former Member
0 Kudos

>Do you consider EA is a non-technical SAP course? Does this not include some level of technical knowledge?

Yes it is non-technical course, you just need to know big picture of some SAP products (mainly Business Suits), you should basic SAP SOA concepts.

Enterprise Architects never deal with actual solution design that is something done by Solution/Application architect.

> Additionally, like I asked he Trevor who answered this post earlier, does taking the SOA200 course alone help me to prepare and take

Yes SOA200 course will be enough but pre-reading for Togaf is strongly recommended.

If you are looking to go for Technical Architecure path then you can opt for SAP Technical Architect certification as well, I trust it is 10day course and focus on technical areas.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Gourav. Highly appreciate the feedback and prompt response.

Regards,

Ini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ini,

I can only comment on the SAP Enterprise Architecture certification as that's the one I have. I haven't attemted the BPX Certification...

You could do the Togaf Certification & it will have a significant amount of what is contained in the in the SAP Enterprise Architecture Course. However, the problem is that SAP have added some significant additions to the Togaf methodolgy & that is only covered in SOA200. The other issue is that you can only get that conent in the SAP Material covered in SOA200.

Your best option is to attend the SOA200 SAP Academy. Then read up on some high level overviews of various SAP Netweaver Technologies like: SAP BW, SAP PI, SAP Portals. Get an understanding (high level) of how each one works. Once you've covered the SOA200 course material well (you'll need to know the steps in each phase of the Architecture Metamodel) and you have a fair understanding of how SAP Netweaver Technology works, then attempt the certification. The Netweaver questions in the certification are not in the SAP Enterprise Architecture course material.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Thank you very much for this information. Highly appreciated. Hope you can help me answer this further on the questions below:

1. Would taking the SOA200 be the only class I will need to take to prepare and pass this certification? Though you mentioned NW & BI, if I already have an understanding of these modules, will SOA200 be sufficient?

2. What do you think the opportunities are in the SAP market are out there for someone moving into this area of specialization?

3. Do you think that attending the SOA200 class for 5 days only, is sufficient time to prepare for this exam?

Thanks,

Ini