cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source code extraction of already developed JAVAWebdynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can I download the source code of a locally developed JAVA WD application (NWDS) from the server, (the locally developed source code file is missing) . The NWDI is not installed .

Can I do the maintenance of this application if NWDI is installed now .

Appreciate your quick replies

Thanks,

Regards ,

Omer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omer,

Can I download the source code of a locally developed JAVA WD application (NWDS) from the server, (the locally developed source code file is missing) .

You have lost local copy of the code and you are trying to build the project from .ear file from server, like we use to do for .par file, I don't think so you will get the complete project folder structure from the server for .ear (Web Dynpro Java) file.

Deepak!!!

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi, Go to the directory on the server where the Application is deployed ie; <Vendor Name/Application name> if src.ZIP FILE IS AVAILABLE then copy the src code in newly created dc with same name under its src folder ,Build and generate the project rectify build errors and checkin to dtr and deploy to server.

Regards,

Siddharth

krishg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

sorry for activating the old thread

Hi Siddharth,

I noticed your response and you have answered quiet a few questions regarding the src. zip file.

I  was wondering how do we ensure that SRC.ZIP file is also exported?

I have seen these files created for the older project, but for the new projects that I create (either NWDI local development or without using NWDI), src.zip files are not getting created. is this functionality deprecated.

Go to the directory on the server where the Application is deployed ie; <Vendor Name/Application name> if src.ZIP FILE IS AVAILABLE