cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is predecessor change requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends

what is the predecessor requests icon in stms. i had couple of request to import in my quality system but when i start the import i get a message that the request has a predecessor and that should be imported else there will be conflicts. but after discussing with my hcm consultant i initially ignored this message and continued with my import. once import was complete we found that our import was not successful then i imported the predecessor requests and ran the re-import and it was successful.

so i need to know what exactly is the implications of this predecessor request if we do not import them and import only the successor request. will this lead to any serious damage to our db. also, if you could tell me as to whether is it safe to import the predecessor requests in production system or not?

thanks in advance.

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Nathan,

If you use projects to control your transports, but your projects overlap, then you must define dependency relationships between the objects that belong to different projects but contain some of the same objects.

When you import requests, the system analyzes the dependency relationships and lets the transport administrator know that more requests have to be imported to ensure the correct sequence. This is just a warning though, and the import can be continued.

When you release a request, the system automatically checks whether the request's object list overlaps with the object lists of released requests from other projects that have already been released.

If requests do contain the same object, the system identifies which requests the object was transported in. A dialog box proposes these requests as predecessors of the current request.

for details check following help link :

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/ce/ed31375fc9342ae10000009b38f839/frameset.htm

Best Regards

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi niraj

many thanks for your reply..but in your experience do you feel it is mandatory to import predecessor requests to not harm the system...

many thanks for your time...

regards

0 Kudos

Hello Nathan,

As per my experience i always keep this things to be decided by the functional team. They knows their configuration better and its better to proceed as they specify

Best Regards

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi niraj

thanks for your expertise and advice. really aprreciate your friend

thanks again...

regards.

Answers (0)