cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Un Install SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

After System copy all technical systems not created in my SLD, i want uninstall and install again SLD, Please help me how can i do the same.

Regards

chandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra

Depending on sapinst options the SLD is installed as default on every J2EE installation

I am not aware of any way to technically uninstall SLD and re-install it - normally what is done in the case of SLD is the namespace is cleared - this however clears the contents of the SLD - not a re-install as such (indeed please be careful clearing the namespace as it will remove all data in your copy)

I think in this case what has happened is that the technical system copy has not copied the SLD contents (for landscape)

As back-up you can always export landscape data manually from the source SLD and re-import in the target system after the copy

Failing this if the source system is still active you can still manually export/import landscape data (and indeed all data) between active SLDs (or forward the data automatically between SLDs) - make sure however the source and target system is the same version and CIM level - see the SLD Planning Guide available at for synchronization steps

If the source system is no longer available in the landscape and you have no back-ups of the landscape data then you would have to change the SLD location on all the data suppliers pointing to the new SLD (this option is only recommended if the original SLD is now decommissoned) and indeed completely re-implement the new SLD as per the original

Hope this helps

Stuart

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra

I think you need to update the system landscape directory in visual administration SAP Data Supplier and test should be successful there. and add technical system in SLD for your system.

Please refer to SLD Documentation in SDN at

Search for SLD configuration and sap notes for more details.

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun