Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the SAP component for CLM

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI ALL

what is the name of CLM component name ?

muthu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Are you asking what components or modules are included in SAP CLM license?

If my interpretation of the question is correct, here is the answer to your question.

SAP CLM is an alternative offering designed for customers who do not need full sourcing capabilities, but would like to leverage the contract management capabilities of SAP E-Sourcing.

SAP CLM license include the folloiwng modules.

- Contract Management

- Project Management

- Supplier Management

SAP CLM license DOES NOT include the folloiwng modules.

- RFX

- Auction

I hope this answes your question.

Thanks,

Steven

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I was looking for CLM related sap notes

SRM-EBP-CON - SRM contracts.

I am interested to know capability of Contract authoring .. It is a special feature i heard. practically purchaser records lot of paer work and approves .. how indeed it was mapped in contract authoring.

Muthu

0 Kudos

You can find more details about SAP CLM solution from the following SAP Service Marketplace page.

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000696835&;

I believe that "SAP CLM 2.0 Live Expert Session Oct 2008" includes a brief demo of contract generation.

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks,

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

We want to use only CLM and ot E-Sourcing.Please let em know the details as below:

Do we need to Install Esourcing s/w and enable only Contract Management Functionality

Is Esourcing and CLM resides on the same server and as per the requirement we can enable both or either of the two

Is the s/w for Esourcing and CLM same and we need additional License to use CLM.

Pls advise on the above.

Thanks,

Venky.

0 Kudos

Hi Venky,

Please find my comments below.

Q1: Do we need to Install Esourcing s/w and enable only Contract Management Functionality

[SK] What license do you have? E-Sourcing or CLM?

If you have E-Sourcing license, the entire E-Sourcing modules will be installed. Then, you can configure E-Sourcing to disable RFX and Auction modules that you don't want to use.

If you have CLM license, only CLM modules (Project, Contract, Supplier Management) will be installed during the installation.

Q2: Is Esourcing and CLM resides on the same server and as per the requirement we can enable both or either of the two

[SK] If you have E-Sourcing license, you have full rights to use all E-Sourcing modules. (Projects, RFX, Auction, Contracts, and Supplier Management). It is up to you to enable/disable some of these modules based on your need.

If you have CLM license, you have rights to use CLM modules only (i.e. Project, Contracts, and Supplier Management).

E-Sourcing and CLM are the same product and is installed on the same server. If you use some advanced features of E-Sourcing / CLM, there are some components that we advise to install on a separate server due to the architecutral / performance issues. Those components are Optimizer in RFX module, and Contract Generation Server in Contract module. If you are not using these modules, then everything can be installed in a single server.

Q3: Is the s/w for Esourcing and CLM same and we need additional License to use CLM.

[SK] E-Sourcing license is incllusive of CLM modules. So, if you have an E-Sourcing license, you can use all CLM modules for procurement contracts. If you plan to use CLM modules for other types of contracts, such as sales contract, you will need to acquire addtional CLM license for those other types.

I hope this answers all your questions.

Thanks,

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven Kim,

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000696835&

this link doesnt contain any document. Can you give us an alternative location to find the file??

Thanks in advance

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

james_wojnicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

SRM-ESO-CM Contract Management

SRM-ESO-CG Contract Generation

These are both part of the CLM offering and I think the SRM-ESO-CG is what you are looking for. The previous thread is listing information from SAP SRM not SAP CLM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu-

SAP CLM is a component of SAP E-sourcing 5.0 which works for SRM environment.

Thanks,

George Rayi