cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does conversion work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Just wanted to clarify how does conversion process work? Can you explain situations where it directly picks up from legacy system and in which situations Excel Spreadsheet is required. I appreciate your it.

Thanks,

JEss..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jess

The data exchange between SAP and Legacy required after Go-Live will be done using an Interface. A rough example would be I want to continue to save telephone number of employee on Legacy Application because it has a relationship defined for complex IVR System in the firm.

The data which will be managed by SAP after Go-Live is transfered using LSMW/BDC (two most popular methods). An example would be Payroll Data. I would download the data into Excel/Text File and transfer it once for all.

Regards

Yash

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JEss,

In general SAP terms data conversion is the process of migrating data from one system to another, e.g. from legacy system to SA. So the process is generally following:

1. Obviously, data format, structure and values in legacy system may differ from SAP system. To make alignment you have to do mapping between legacy system and SAP data requirements.

2. Then make data transformation from legacy data into SAP accepted data. It can be done using Excel, legact system script, or even SAP (e.g. in LSMW). Project team has to decide what is the most easy and optimal way.

3. Finally you upload data to SAP. You can use batch input (BDP) or LSMW. If you decide to use LSMW for data transformation then all data mapping will be done during data load.

Cheers,

Vladimir

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When the Client wants to shift the process from legacy to SAP than we have to upload the Data from Legacy to SAP

in this phase we will start recording the data in the infotypes and prepare the template and that template has to be given to client and upload the same in SAP

This process will come in Final Preparation in ASAP Methodology

this Conversion can be thruoug LSMW or BDC ...............