cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Wire Spools as a different SU in a pallet while putaway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are implementing SAP WM for one of our customer and we are facing difficulty in mapping the below business scenario in SAP. The scenario is.

1. Putaway for GR:

When they receive wires/cables of a same material in multiple spools with different or same length from the vendor they consolidate all the spools in a GR area and placed in a standard pallet to putaway to the IM location.

Example: 48 Spools (Each 1000 feet) placed in a Standard pallet (48u201D height)

Question u2013 how do we define a palletization data on this scenario and create a 48 different SU labels for each spools (Because we are considering each spool is a separate Storage unit). We have defined a separate Storage type for handling the wires and cables and this is not bulk storage.

The reason we are creating a separate SUu2019s because they do partial picking and based on the requirement we are matching the exact fit or best fit strategy to pick the right SU.

Thanks in advance.

- Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do you want to do with these spools at the end ?

If you want to sort out these spools and datas containing in these spools to make a single .xls or .pdf, i have a solution.

However if you want to merge these spools in a single spool staying in SAP i couldn't help you.

So if i can help you, please to inform me what do you want to do exactly.