cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Freeze Column/Rown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings!

I am using Visual Studio 2005 and developing an application in ASP.NET by using bundeled Crystal Report .

As I have a limited space to show the report ; due to Master Page layout;. I have used bestfit property to false and defined the report width to 600 pixel.

Till Yet everything is fine.

I require

01. How to fix/freeze the first n say two columns so that when user scrolls the columns should not move or scroll.

02. In some cases I would like to freeze the Pager Header and now when user scrolls vertically then the page header would not move.

03. In some cases I require the above two in the same report.

An elaborate solution would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

M.MaShaAllah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Limitation of the viewer

0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe what you are wanting is in Excel where you can define title areas etc. Export to Excel and then apply macro's to the report for viewing in Excel. I'm not sure if Excel has this ability with their web plug in though.

We don't have the ability in our viewers.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I want it in Crystal Report Viewer. While developing report it gives us the option to freeze pane in IDE of Visual Studio 2005 but when report is executed in browser this option does not come.

While previewing report in Visual Studio 2005 IDE when we right click in the report then we got an option "Freeze Pan" in the shortcut menu. But when report is executed in browser this option vanishes.

thanks!

M.MaShaAllah