cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are doing a unicode conversion and export of our system has been completed sucessfully.

Now im trying to do the import and when im installing i get an error message and im not able to get past through it.

During Installation of Cryptographic file i get an error

processing archive /sapcd/sap/ECC6/JCE_Policy_Files/90000115.CAR...

x Changelog.txt

can't change date of file Changelog.txt

Invalid argument

I updated the latest SAPCAR in the installation directory and now SAPINST crashes when it comes to this phase.

I went through a SAPNOTE 929929 and downloaded the latest SAPINST patch and tried but it did not work.

Has anyone seen this error before?????

Operating system is Linux

DB is Oracle

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This issue has been resolved .

It was an issue with LDAP and our unix team fixed it.

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest you check this systematically:

1) Try "SAPCAR -tvf": do you get any errors?

2) Create a temporary directory and try extracting the file into that directory. Does this work?

3) Check for possible corruption of the CAR file: download it again and FTP it (binary!) to the Linux server

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fan Yu,

I have updated the latest SAPCAR and i have updated this in my installtion directory . It does not work.

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the SAPCAR which is being used is from your kernel directory, defined by the environment variable of this logged on user. For making sure SAPCAR is good, please replace it in /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGSnn/exe and /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my friend

It should be a program bug for SAPCAR you're using, please replace it with the latest SAPCAR.

Note 1420333 - SAPCAR: Problems when unpacking archives

Regards,