cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the content of the uploaded file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using a input box to get the path of the file to be uploaded.(I am not using FILE UPLOAD UI Element).Could you please let me know how to get the content of the uploaded file.

Regards,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Experts,

>

> I am using a input box to get the path of the file to be uploaded.(I am not using FILE UPLOAD UI Element).Could you please let me know how to get the content of the uploaded file.

>

> Regards,

> Arun

You will not be able to use a normal InputField to upload file contents. This is not allowed by the browser security model. You must use one of the upload specific UI mechanisms - the FileUpload UI element or as of 7.01 ACFUpDownload or FlashIslands.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

why to go for InputFiled for Uploading...we have a File Upload UI Element..it is very easy to use..The data we get from this UI Element is in XSTRING format..Convert it to STRING..by using FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following thread:

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.Could u please let me know the method that needs to be used to get the content of the uploaded file with out using File Upload UI element.I am actually getting a "page cannot be displayed error" when I try to open the links mentioned in the above thread.

Thanks,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I'm able to access all the links mentioned in the thread referred by me.

If you can't access those links, then may be you can browse Thomas Jung's Articles on ACFUpDownload or "Web Dynpro ABAP Flash Islands Tutorial: Multiple File Upload".

Regards

Manas Dua