Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI System Copy

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have made a system copy of a BI system.

I have followed guide CopyBWsimple.pdf to follow the post system copy steps and has even changed the source system.

But the problem is my DTP's are still pointed to the old source system where as all other objects have changed the source system.

Kindly provide me the solution by which I can change the source system of DTP's.

Regards,

Nirmal.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer the following notes, which we used it in the past to resolve DTP old system reference pointers.

In particular read 886102, which has all the notes and if you analyze throughly you might get a solution.

Link: [Note 886102 - System Landscape Copy for SAP NetWeaver BW]

Link: [Note 1000062 - 70SP13: Conversion of the logical system name]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my friend

Keep the names of RFCs to ECC backend and BI itself remain the same, and change their path attribute to the new source system and new BI. After pointing RFCs to the new systems, do a restore for ECC source system.

Regards,

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Any help on this is highly appreciated...

Nirmal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal.

Please try to restore source system .

Regards

Yogesh

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yogesh,

The restore of source system has been done and all the objects except the DTPs are converted to the new source system.

Nirmal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

Please go through this note #961551 70SP09: BDLS: DTPs are not converted.It seems that you bdLS NOT RUNED PROPERLY.

Regards

Yogesh

kishore_soma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi nirmal,

I hope check the logical system in the client settings in new system. use SALE, BD54 tcodes to change it.

Regards,

Kishore Soma

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for all your valueable inputs.

I have performed all the steps but the problem is in my copied BW system, I am facing some errors in the logical system conversion of old source system to new source system.

In trnx BDLS I get an error saying " Transformations doesnt exist " and then it gives the DTP number.

Can someone throw some light on this error.

Regards,

Nirmal.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nirmal the best approach would be discussing the fact with your BW resource.You may to create/activate the Transformations manually in your newly copied BW system after System Refresh.

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello every1,

At last solved this by applying note 1142908 and then ran the program RSBKDTP_BDLS.

Problem Solved!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks every1 for your involvement.

Nirmal.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

In particular read 886102, which has all the notes and if you analyze throughly you might get a solution.

Glad to see you have resolved.

This note is among the listed one's in the note 886102 i have mentioned.