cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow for Marketing Campaign Approval - WS10001004

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on Workflow for Marketing Campaign ( new to workflow ) - I have activated the standard Campaign approval worfkflow WS10001004. I do get a mail when the other user create and set the status of the Campaign to 'Released',

- but once i approve the Campaign the initiator do not receive the approve mail , where has this is defined in the standard workflow.

- also when i rejected/ locked the Campaign a mail should be sent to the initiator , but for this there is no task defined only i could see is the 'wait for cancelled' event ( what does a 'wait' do?), can i send a mail on this event , and if so how do i create a send mail task for a event .......

need your expert advice on this issue.........

Jaya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already seen this link overall it guides you but some specific point like assign schedule condition and start conditions where do v get this values from because for me it show blank.... also for creating a workflow if screen shots where given then it would have been more clear..................

Anyways...i activated this workflow with out creating a action all i did was:

1. Tcode OOCU.

2. CRM->MKT->CRM-MKT-MPL Here activate event linking and assign the initial Agents (approver).

3. even Inside the workflow SWDD we need to assign agents for task TS10008150 (approver) and also for Reprocess campaign TS10008179 (initiator).

Thanks for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

I haven't used this particular workflow but hopefully the following is of use:

- Email to initiator- the likely explanation is that the workflow has not identifed the recipient's email address. Follow steps 4 & 5 from the Blog and this should resolve the issue.

- Cancelled Event - The wait step listens out for the triggering of the corresponding event on the BOR object.

i.e. for this workflow wait step 164 is listening out for CANCELLED to be raised on that particular instance of BUS2010020.

If this is triggered that branch of the fork will be triggered.

- Locked/Rejected - There is no step (that I can see) that notifies the initiator that the campaign has been locked.

However you can add your own Send Mail step(s). An alternative approach would be to have additional branches that listen for the BUS2010020.locked and the rejected events and then have your Send Mail steps, however this is probably overcomplicating the solution.

- Schedule condition and start condition - Again I haven't used campaigns yet but in the Blog they are using the Marketing Project Campaign BOR Object status profile and status table - look at object BUS2010020 in SWO1.

I hope that this is of use.

Best Regards,

Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Agree to ur reply. anyways i resolved it. thanks for ur reply.

Rejected, is not there in the flow...it is only the wait for cancelled event, then we have to code it as per our requirement.

Locked is there in the flow , if you see the Approve campaign activity it has 2 outcomes 1. approved and 2. locked.

So for approved there is a mail sent for approval, and for locked REPROCESS CAMPAIGN ACTIVITY is triggered.

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

Yes I agree that locked is there but no email step.

Glad you got it sorted.

Best Regards,

Trevor

former_member189678
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read this blog and see if things make any sense.

/people/arun.gupta/blog/2010/03/19/crm-marketing-how-to-trigger-the-campaign-approval-workflow-via-actions

Regards,

Harshit