cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODS design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i searched the previous threads couldn't get the solution . Can any one idea on this i have release statuse and release indicator . Can you plz tell me where can i put these fields whether in data filed or keyfield.

Regards

Rk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The keys in ODS is usually the unique identifier that distinguish each records uniquely, e.g Document, Doc types, fiscvarnt, material, GL, etc. Also, depending on the requirement where some ODS are snapshot ODS then we can remove the details doc transaction.

The Qs is, does the release status and release indicator make any differences in aggregating/spliiting the records? Perhaps you can tell me what functional module is this. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for fast reply .

This ods belongs to the purchase order . i need to know PO requistion to purchase order and would like to know about this ststus.

Regards

Rk

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> Thank you very much for fast reply .

>

> This ods belongs to the purchase order . i need to know PO requistion to purchase order and would like to know about this ststus.

> Regards

> Rk

In that case then you can add the indicator and status field as the key in your ODS.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Release statuse and Release indicator : based on your business and reports requirements you need to decide where to place it. If you want to overwrite functionality then keep it in KeyFileds. If you don't want to use there two fields for overwritining then keep this two fields in DataFields.

Thanks

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

It should be added as key fields in your DSO in order to identify the change.

-Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As per your discussion i dragged the release indicator in keyfields but the update rules has been deactivated when i try to assign same field in update rule its not available source field . Can any one suggest me on this issue.

Regards

Rk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your infosource whether the source field is available or not. Otherwise if there is any specific business requirement, go for a routine.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rama Murthy.