cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal reports server 2008 Informix ODBC drivers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm in the process of putting together a Crystal Reports Server to eventually replace my working Crystal Server XI. My current problem deals with running reports on the server, note that everything works fine on the Crystal Server running on Windows 2003 Server. The new server is running Windows 2008 standard and I loaded the following ODBC drivers:

MySql ODBC 5.1 & Informix 3.81 32 bit both connections test and connect fine from within the odbc manager.

I have created two simple reports from 2008 developer one using MySql and the other Informix, loaded them to the server. The Mysql report works fine can schedule, view, refresh etc not a problem.

The informix refuses to run no matter I do, verify database etc.... The only thing that has really changed is Crystal Server and the OS - not sure if there is an updated driver for Informix.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

david_wilson1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Tom,

It's not clear what version of Crystal Reports Server you are trying to use so I am going to assume Crystal Reports Server 2008 v1.

Looking at the supported platforms guide I do not see an Informix 3.81 driver as being supported. Please try using one of the supported databases and clients on the server.

Supported Data Sources for Crystal Reports:

Server: IBM Informix Dynamic Server version 9.4 & 10.0

Client: IBM Informix ODBC SDK 2.90

Client: DataDirect ODBC 5.3 *

Crystal Reports Reporting Data Sources Supported for Scheduling Only:

Server: IBM Informix Dynamic Server 10.0

Client: IDS Client 10.0

Server: IBM Informix Dynamic Server 9.4

Client: IDS Client 9.4

• DataDirect drivers for Crystal Reports are available from Business Objects. See the Crystal Reports Start Page for download details.