cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message-listcube tcode to execure report on MP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I execute a particular MultiProvider to view data via LISTCUBE tcode.

I get the following error.

System error: RSDRC / FORM DATA_GET CUBETYPE UNKNOWN

Message no. DBMAN100

Diagnosis

A system error with the following parameters has occurred in the data manager:

Parameter 1 = &v1&

Parameter 2 = &v2&

Parameter 3 = &v3&

Parameter 4 = &v4&

This Multiproviders includes 3 cubes (X, Y & Z) and 2 cubes out of 3 (X & Y) reading data from other 2 cubes (A & B) usung FM RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ.

Reports are also not shoving me correct values in some cases even I can see data in underlying cubes.

It seems that this is related to this FM. Our system is BW 3.5

Please help me to resolve this.

Thanks in Advance..

Harry

Edited by: SAP ACCOUNTANT on Apr 10, 2010 1:22 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

I think Reddy did not realize, that RSA1-> right click on the cube -> display data is the same as going to transaction LISTCUBE.

I think there is some inconsistency in the definition of your Multicube. Maybe try reactivating the Multicube in the transaction RSA1.

If this does not help, you need to debug the problem, so get a user with debugging authorizations. Set a breakpoint in the funktion module RRMS_MESSAGE_HANDLING, rerun LISTCUBE with your selections and check the call stack once the system reaches the breakpoint. Then check the coding lines where a message is thrown.

If you can post it here, maybe we can make a guess what is wrong.

But if you have a chance, open a message at SAP Support, it is rather an issue where debugging knowledge is needed.

Regards,

Maxim.

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

resolved by using RFC FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim,

Please see result of Debegging...

• nested query error

WHEN rsdrc_c_exc-nested_query.

MESSAGE ID i_class

TYPE l_type

NUMBER i_number

WITH l_v1 l_v2 l_v3 l_v4

RAISING nested_query_error.

• others -> short dump

WHEN OTHERS.

PERFORM x_message USING rs_c_true l_v1.

RAISE inherited_error.

ENDCASE.

-

When I execute F6 (In Debuging mode) at above second bold row,

I get the SY-SUBRC- 5 and to the the following points

CHANGING

c_first_call = s_first_call

EXCEPTIONS

no_authorization = 4

OTHERS = 5.

Error 5

CASE sy-subrc.

WHEN 0.

WHEN 4.

CALL FUNCTION 'RSDRC_CUBE_DATA_GET'

EXPORTING

i_infocube = i_infoprov

i_cubetype = s_cubetype

i_th_sfc = s_th_osfc

i_th_sfk = s_th_osfk

i_statics_cleanup = rs_c_true

When I execute 3 times F6 again (In Debuging mode) at above line ( CASE sy-subrc),

I get the SY-SUBRC- 11 and at the end of following.

CALL FUNCTION 'RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ'

EXPORTING

i_infoprov = 'ZAAAAAA'

i_th_sfc = g_th_sfc

i_th_sfk = g_th_sfk

i_t_range = g_t_range

i_reference_date = sy-datum

i_save_in_table = rs_c_false

i_save_in_file = rs_c_false

i_packagesize = 100000

i_authority_check = rsdrc_c_authchk-

IMPORTING

e_t_data = g_t_data

e_end_of_data = g_end_of_data

CHANGING

c_first_call = g_first_call

EXCEPTIONS

illegal_input = 1

illegal_input_sfc = 2

illegal_input_sfk = 3

illegal_input_range = 4

illegal_input_tablesel = 5

no_authorization = 6

ncum_not_supported = 7

illegal_download = 8

illegal_tablename = 9

OTHERS = 11.

IF sy-subrc = 0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

I am sorry, but it is really hard to understand at which position you are in the call stack. I think it is better to open a Support message, so that your system can be accessed and the problem can be debugged.

Sorry for not having any particulare solution for you.

Regards,

Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

See description of errors...which I am getting at a time...

1) Error 1 : You are executing a nested query. This is not possible.

Message no. DBMAN114

Diagnosis

You have executed a query that collides with the internal status of a previous query, since this is still running. This can be caused by either of the following:

Cause 1: You executed a query on a virtual InfoCube. This virtual InfoCube is based on a function module that reads data from InfoCube ZXXXXX As a result, the status of the query is overwritten to the virtual InfoCube. This brought about the termination.

Cause 2: The previous query has been terminated, due to problems in currency translation for example. Afterwards, the connection to the frontend was not severed. In this case, this message comes from the original error.

Procedure

At the moment, the BW data manager does not allow you to execute nested queries in the same role area. The following work-arounds can be used for the causes described above:

Cause 1: - A possible work-around is that the query on InfoCube is executed in its own role area. Here, you can call up the RFC-enabled read module RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ_RFC using an asynchronous RFC call ("STARTING NEW TASK ..."). This query is then executed in its own role area so that no conflict with the status information ensues.

Cause 2: Reset the connection between your frontend and the BW server. Afterwards, solve the original problem that produced this message.

2) Error 2 - System error: RSDRC / FORM DATA_GET CUBETYPE UNKNOWN ZXXXX

Message no. DBMAN100

Diagnosis

Parameter 1 = &v1&

Parameter 2 = &v2&

Parameter 3 = &v3&

Parameter 4 = &v4&

I am not sute which one is relavent to my issue.

Thanks,

Harry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim,

Yes, We are lower then Sp 18 anyway I'll try to apply this SAP Note. I'll also try to debug as you explaned and let you guys know. If problem still exist, I'll raise OSS note.

Thanks,

Harry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried every option, I am getting same error. I know this is related to SAP Remote cube with in Multiprovider. If I remove this Cube all works fine.

Thanks,

Harry.

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TRY TO REACTIVATE THE REMOTE CUBE THR RSDG_CUBE_ACTIVATE AND CHECK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanti,

Thanks for your time, I have activated as you said. Still I am getting the same following error..

System error: RSDRC / FORM DATA_GET CUBETYPE UNKNOWN ZXXXX( MP name)

Message no. DBMAN100

Diagnosis

Parameter 1 = &v1&

Parameter 2 = &v2&

Parameter 3 = &v3&

Parameter 4 = &v4&

Your help will be appreciated..

Thanks,

Harry

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have a try this way..

goto rsa1 , select ur MP -> right click->Display data..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for your quick response. I have got basic debug knoweldge. Could you please give me step by step procesure to do debug....Secondly Which code you are talking about... FM ? I have passed only parameter to FM RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ and it is working fine as exepected on basic cube but not on SAP REMOTE CUBE (Basic cube and SAP rtemote cube is based on same INFOSOURCE where I am calling FM RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ ) . Please give me little bit more information as I am not proper abaper...

I found one SAP Note 950855 and it seems relavent to this issue. What is your opinion on this SAP Note as well?

Thanks in advance,

Harry

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please acrtivate Multiprover with this program RSDG_MPRO_ACTIVATE and try LISTCUBE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

I don't see how note 950855 might be relevant for you. Are you on a Support Package lower than 18? If you want, you can give it a try

In order to debug the erro I would do the following:

1) set a breakpoint in RRMS_MESSAGE_HANDLING:

- Transaction SE37 , enter RRMS_MESSAGE_HANDLING, click on "display"

- Utilies -> Breakpoint -> Set/delete

2) Now if you reproduce the problem via LISTCUBE or query the system will stop in the debugger as soon as the error occurs in the ABAP coding. In the "Standard" tab you can see the call stack. With a double click on the method or function in the call stack you can see where the call was made from, so basically you can see which part of the coding is handling the error and why. Double click on the method or module one - two below RRMS_MESSAGE_HANDLING and you will see the coding where the message handler is called. Paste the coding before this call.

Again, it might be easier to open a Support message at SAP.

Regards,

Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Maxim,

I get this error if I use FM "RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ" in underlying infocubes. Basically, cause of error is SAP remote cube which is one of cubes in multiprovider.

My scenario is like that...

1. In multiprovider I have got 2 transactional cubes and 1 SAP remote cube.

2. first transactional cube and SAP remote cube is on INFOSOURCE1

3. second transactional cube is on INFOSOURCE 2

4. In Start routine of INFOSOURCE 1, I am calling FM "RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ" to read data from other cubes.

5. If I execute any report either on this SAP remote, or Multiocube which includes This SAP remore cube, I get the error.

6. Additionally, If I use LISTCUBE for this multicube, I also get error " FORM GET_DATA CUBE TYPE IS UNKNOWN".

Secondly, Could you please tell me how to debug FM RRMS_MESSAGE_HANDLING as suggested by you. I am also not clear why we shoul debug this FM we are using FM "RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ" in transfer rule of INFOSOURCE 2.

Thanks in advance.

Harry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

the FM RRMS_MESSAGE_HANDLING is called every time some exception or error occurs (unless there is a dump), so the reason why I told you to set a breakpoint there is because this way you can see where exactly in the coding the error occurs.

In most cases RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ does not do anything wrong, since it is already a pretty old and stable FM for reading data. The reason for the error would probably be a wrong call of the FM, or some incosnstency in the database tables.

If you do not have debug knowledge it will be hard, but if you paste the calls stack and the coding from where the Message handler is called, maybe we can figure it out together.

Regards,

Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm not sure wheather we can see data via LISTCUBE on multiprovider.

If you want to view the data on multiprovider goto RSA1- right click on your multiprovider and select display data.

Regards,

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to see data of multiprovider via LISTCUBE. but this particular multiicube is giving problem as underlying cubes are reading data from other cubes with FM rsdri_infoprov_read.

Thanks

Harry