cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAAS configuration file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are migrating our application from WebSphere to SAP NetWeaver Application Server.

We configured our login module in <b>wsjaas.conf</b> file in WebSphere.

We could not find similar file in SAP NetWeaver Application Server.

Is there any file to configure custom login module in SAP App Server? How to configure custom login module in SAP App Server?

Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Powar,

Please refer to the following help link on how to use and configure the SAP WAS with JAAS,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4a/b62640632cec01e10000000a155106/content.htm

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Guru.

PS: Reward points for helpfull replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurvinder,

Thanks for the reply.

We have refered the link. According to that i created library for our custom login module and deployed it on J2EE engine.

1. Our custom Login module looks like,

public class TestLoginModule implements LoginModule
{
}

2. We want to use this Login module for authenticating users present in SQLServer database.

3. But the link u hav given concludes that it only authenticate users present in UME store only.

4. In web-j2ee-engine.xml file we add reference to our LoginModule.But still our LoginModule doesn't loaded.(<b>LoginModuleClassLoaders</b> is set to "<b>library:MyLoginModuleLibrary</b>")

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to add the reference to the library in the ear project.

Next thing is, the users might be authenticated against the database, but they must exist in the UME as well. Otherwise, the users won't be authenticated even if the password check against your DB succeeds.

Regards, Astrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Astrid,

Thanx for reply.

My LoginModule is working fine now means login() and commit() methods are called on login() method of LoginContext.

But problem is that after commit() login fails and abort() method is called, as my database users are not present on UME store.

Can i deactivate UME store for my application ?

Uploading users in UME store doesnt seem as feasible solution bcoz when new applcation user is created, someone has to be manually create this user in UME store.

Also all applications share same users in UME store doesnt suite a fair idea.

What should be in this case ?

Next question is can i progammatically create user in UME store ?

Kindly help.

Regards,

Sagar Powar.