cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No Goods Movement Allowed" at the Plant Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there configuration at the Plant Level to specify "No Goods Movement Allowed"? I want to stop the user's from any type of goods movement but at the Plant level. I thought I had seen this config but now can't seem to find it or maybe it doesn't exist??

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this matter!

Stacy Craddock

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Specify the movement Types against the USER ID and hand over to BASIS , They will do

rewgdz

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. I am going to block each material/plant combination and consider blocking SD, also.

former_member212745
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stacy,

I dont know the purpose of this requiremnt but definitely you can do this.

Pl. use Plant Specific Material status field in Purchasign view(MARC-MMSTA).

Using this field you can block the material at plant level for different purposes. some of them are as below

01 Blocked for procment/whse

02 Blocked for task list/BOM

03 Blocked / Excess Stock

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stacy,

I think you should describe a lil bit more on your requirement, so we can provide a better solution.

Now looking at it, you can do either of the following:

1) Control users access by limiting his/her authorization (PFCG)

2) For each materials under plant (Set a blocking status 01/02/03 under the Xplant Mat status field in Material Master)

3) Physical Inventory document for each storage location under the particular plant (highly unlikely).

I think option 1 is the most logical solution so far.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

To better define my requirement, we are no longer going to use a particular Plant code so I don't want the user's to accidentally do any goods movement agaisnt that "obsolete" plant number. Based on the way my security is established, I think that number 2) is the best option, which will block the goods movement for that material/plant combination.

Please let me know based on the requirement above, if this would still be the best option.

Thanks for your assistance!

Stacy Craddock

former_member212745
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stacky,

As per your requiremnt, option 2 seems useful and easier.

Update all the mateirals of that obsolute plant using the field MARC-MMSTA.

Best Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stacy,

Since the plant itself is obsolete, you may also want to consider SD related blocking, not just material movements (MM02 Sales org 1 tab, field "x-distr chain status"). You may also wish to tag each Material master 'plant' entry as deleted (MM06).

Rgds,

DB49

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stacy

If it is your intention to restrict users to do goods movement only in 'their' respective Plants, then you should do this through Autorisations.

Regards

Sidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the purpose is it for physical inventory?Please explain

Regards,

Nitin Amritkar