Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

block users from tcodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i want to block a few users from ME9F tcode.

whats the procedure for that? i am getting many posts related to this but nothingwhcih says. the steps u shouls go about.

i want to know how to completly do this. even if we hav to craete auth obj..activities, roles, assign roles..

please breif me abt this.

please let me know how i should block a user from a tcode.-- complete steps..

Thanks

Kavana

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Identify which roles give the users access to ME9F

2. Remove the roles from the users

or

3. Remove the transactions from the roles using PFCG

or

4. Read some of the huge collection of basic security material out there and decide which approach is suitable.

The forum is not a substitute for basic training and if it is important then it is important enough for your company to train you in this area.

0 Kudos

Thanks.. i got some undersatnding and ideas..

anyways i did try to get materials.. but none answeres my questions...

which i think peopel get by experience... so asked teh forum..

its not like add soemthign to roles, remove soemthing.. what if i want to block from 1 tcode or make a role where i enter all tocdes i want to be eliminated.. do we create authority object.. .wat it is..

i had got a doc which did say wat i wanted, but now when i search i am not gettign it...

0 Kudos

> i had got a doc which did say wat i wanted, but now when i search i am not gettign it...

Please find that "doc". I would like to see it.

For many application objects you are better off restricting the ability to use them, than 1 or many of the tcodes.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

If you read the basic materials it will tell you how to do exactly what you are trying to achieve. Removal of roles from users, removal of transactions from roles and creating new roles fundamental principles of security.

0 Kudos

Thanks guys