cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

long running SNP heuristic in the background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In SCM 5.0, randomly we encounted an issue where running SNP heuristic takes a long time to run and never completed...usually, this will takes less than couple hours to complete.

I checked with Basis and they confirmed the sytem operates normally. Can you advise what would caused the long running issue and how I can prevent it.

Thanks,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input. I found that we have so many redudant/recursive T-lanes which caused issue with low level code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tom,

1. It will be useful to run Low level code determination procedure before running the SNP heuristcis to improve the performance.

2. Secondly, I hope you are using parallel processing profiles functionlity. This will certainly help .

3. We used seperate jobs location specific for SNP heuristics and ran some jobs in parallel with some offset / delayed start

4. Running SNP heuristics only for the active products always helps, rather than running SNP heuristics for all products ( actvie products , obsoloete codes, ). One of the way may be to have seperate SNP planner codes to seperate out obsolete codes

I hope these steps may help.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Datta,

Can you elorate on how Low level code works? how to run it...anything that I need to be aware of?

1. It will be useful to run Low level code determination procedure before running the SNP heuristcis to improve the performance.

Appreciate your feedback,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom

Low level code is run to determine the lowest level of code at which the material exists. For example, a material may bepresent in several BOMs. Hence for correct planning results, the system assigns a level which helps heurisitics giving correct planning results.

You may refer to the documentation which is present at this link.

[url] http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/EN/5b/4789bbf49e1340b7723acbf5d6a08a/content.htm

Let me know if this helps.

Rgds, Sandeep