cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive Update Rules in BW Production (3.5 version)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working in BW 3.5 version. Recently i transported certain Info Cubes into BW Production with BW Stats turned on (originally BW Stats were off for these Info Cubes). However, the transport inactivated Update rules. I checked Data source, Info source (comm str and Trans str), everything is active. Info Cube is active, all info objects and mappings in Update Rules are active but Update Rules are inactive. Can any one please let me know how to activate Update rules in this scenario.

Thanks,

Padma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

Try saving the update rule in development box and then activate it, it will ask for the Transport Request . collect all the objects.

And then Transport it to Production.

This will also ensure System consistencies across all environment.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Karan

desgallagher
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Padma,

Can you try reactivating the update rule using the program RSAU_UPDR_REACTIVATE_ALL, if this does not work

can you transport the active version of the cube and the update rules to the target system again. If this still does not work the only

other option I see is to open the system to changes and manually activate the update rule.

Best Regards,

Des

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the help. When i am using this program I am getting message - No messages exist and the update rules are still inactive. Can you please suggest further.

Padma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please use update rule ID for activation.

-Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for the reply. Can you please let me know where I can look for the Update rules ID.

Padma

mr_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Technical name of update rule.

In RSA1 -> next to update rule -> technical name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

There are two options of getting this :

Option 1

From Table RSUPDINFO, enter source(ISOURCE) and target (INFOCUBE), get Update Rule ID (UPDID).

Option 2

Technical Name of Update Rule ( Right Next to update rule)

-Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please use program RSAU_UPDR_REACTIVATE_ALL

-Vikram