cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Webservice in Visual composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have developed a RFC in R3 and converted it into Webservice. We want to use this in the Visual composer. Can anyone suggest some steps how to use this RFC in Visual composer?

I tried the option in Tools--> Define webservice System and gave the following parameters:

new system name = WDP (system name which we use)

new system alias = WDP_VC (system alias which we created)

webservice url = URL of the webservice which we have created and got in WSDL

when we create it gives an error the URL is incorrect.

Kindly let me know if these values are correct and suggest the steps to be followed. Also, if there are any prerequiste steps to be done before using this webservice.

Thanks and Kind regards,

Rajbarath.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The option you described refers to defining a new web service system in the portal system landscape. So if you already have it defined - you don't have to define it again.

As for the actual error you're getting, check that:

1. The url is indeed accessible, and points to a wsdl. You can do this by simply inserting it in the browser's address bar and making sure you get a wsdl file in the response.

2. Make sure that you don't need to authenticate, i.e. provide a user and password. Maybe you just forgot to provide these arguments.

Lastly, keep in mind that this 'Define Web Service System' option is just a shortcut. Generally, you would define a web service system in the portal, like any other system, using the web service connector.

Hope this helps,

Lior

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you update the proxy service on the portal to allow external access.

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

There is a problem in earlier versions of VC(SP7), where some WSDL URL's are not seen as valid, the only work around is to create the system in the portal and then access it from VC.

Jarrod Williams