cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Batch search strategy to material-batch key

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing one strange problem. I am creating process order in COR1 for my finished goods FIN1. I have maintained BOM for FIN1 & assigned Semi finished goods SEM1, SEM2 as a BOM component.

I have maintained enough stock of SEM1in batches. Now i am releasing my process order. For component SEM1, the system is automatically assigning the batch number

I have noticed in my process order, for component SEM1 has 2 items, the batch key is as "2" (sytem automatically sets this value) but also has ths same component item, the batch key is as "1", required quantity is 0

Why? What is the importance of this "Batch Key"?

Please guide me

Thanks

lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You have define Batch Strategy with number of splits "say 99", so that system will allow 99 splits for a component while Batch determination.

This is a definition basically for a combination of condition type and access sequence in COB1 you can check in COB3

Suppose materail

SEM1 required quantity is 100 and you have three batches say 50, 70 20,

So system will pick up two batches batch key is as "2"

If requirement quantity is more than 120 then system will paick up three batches and batch key will be "3"

SEM2 there is no requirement of quantity so system showing the batch key is as "1"

Please refer my reply from this thread,

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear,Brahmankar

firstly,thanks you reply.

i have define Batch Strategy with number of splits "000", also the component have several batch like A and B

i want to assign batch B for component SEM1automatically when release production order.i also define Availability check for material SEM1. And SEM1 has enough stcok for batch B.

when I release production order, the system assign batch B to component SEM1, but production order:component overview.

like as follow

0010 item component(SEM1) required quantity is 0; batch is blank; batch key is 1

0010 item component(SEM1) required quantity is 2(according to BOM rate expand); batch is B; batch key is 2.

I have not defined batch splits. can you give me further help.

thanks

lee

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

This is riot as per standard SAP when you split the batch system will split as first line time with 0 requirement quantity and second with actual requirement quantity of the material and stock available in Batch.

Also note if you change the order header quantity. When you do this, the requirement quantity of the successor is also reduced to as per the entire requirement.

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brahmankar

thanks for your help, I clearly now.

best regards

lee

Answers (0)