Upgrade NWDI driven system
i`m preparing the upgrade of a NWDI driven system (DEV), Q and P will come later. The source release is NW 6.40 SPS19. Target release should be NW 7.0 EHP1 SR1 incl. SP06.
I followed the "Upgrade Guide SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Including Enhancement Package 1 Support Release 1 Java" from service market place.
We did the Preparation Steps from http://help.sap.com/nw70ehp1 -> Maintenance of an NWDI-Driven System Landscape
- NWDI system is > NW 7.0 SP05, current release NW 7.0 EHP1 SP06.
- Deployed SDAs available as attachments in SAP Note 901520 on source release, as it is < NW 7.0 SP05.
- We shared the transport directory of NWDI
<nwdi>\sapmnt\JTrans via network share.
Now in PREPARE phase of SAPJup i`m asked if the system is NWDI controlled, i choose yes and choose DEV as type and enter
<nwdi>\sapmnt\JTrans as NWDI as transport directory.
So far so good. In PREPARE phase COPY_TO_TRANSPORT_DIR now all SAP archives are copied to
1. according SAP help they should be copied to
2. must i create this directory manually?
3. is SYSTEMNAME the SID?
4. What about Non SAP archives? They are completely ignored in PREPARE phase, i can only choose keep in option box.
5. Is the status Managed by NWDI in PREPARE module Configuration only valid for modified SAP components?
We do not have any modified SAP components so far, only our own components. Do we have to assemble our own SCs before we upgrade within NWDI to the new release? So the described NWDI process woudln`t work for non SAP SCs?
Thanks for help,