cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Control Service in MII 12.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to config source control service in MII 12.1 to link NWDI. When I hit the modify button, it asked to enter user

crendential.I entered valid NWDI system user id and password, but it gave me an error invalid user ID and password.

We also set up the MII track in NWDI instace.

I am not sure and very skeptical in connecting MII and NWDI. If anyone wrked on this before,

could you please throw some light on how to do this. I found very limited document on this in SAP site.

Thanks

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

The user on click of Modify is the user of the SLD Server (aka nameserver). If your user for SLD Server and DTR is same it should already work. If not u need to provide the SLD Server username and passowrd here. After configuration is complete you will be prompted for the DTR user when you open the Workbench and try to Login to Source Control.

I know that a couple of MII Customers are working with NWDI.

Best regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Partha for your input. When you say "DTR" what does that mean.

Thanks

Mahesh

former_member1170711
Participant
0 Kudos

DTR is the Design Time Repository. SLD is the System Landscape Directory.

Here is a little bit from the NWDS (NetWeaver Developer Studio) Help:

NWDI Tasks

The NWDI itself allows:

· Administration of development landscape and transport management in the Change Management Service (CMS).

· Central archive and build management in the Component Build Service (CBS).

· Central management of source files in the Design Time Repository (DTR).

The NWDI is integrated into the process by means of the System Landscape Directory (SLD). This also allows you to use the standard Application Server ABAP (AS ABAP) transport system to easily transport software developed in one NWDI system to another.

Hope this helps.

-Mike