cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toad : cannot read greek texts on table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, what settings needed to read greek language into DB tables.

The NLS_LANG is correct because i have another database and there i can read greek language into DB tables.

Thanks in advance

Edited by: gkarag on Apr 9, 2010 3:27 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are not allowed to use third party programs to access directly your Oracle database. This is mentioned in your SAP license agreement.

So, it is pointless to access your database with TOAD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again experts,

The procedure that i want to make is to export some data from an internal table into a z transparent table and then to make a DBLink with this table from an external system to take the records .

If there is another workaround for this is accepted from me.

The only way that is not acceptable is the flat files to a server location.

Any ideas for this?

Thanks in advance.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hello again experts,

>

> The procedure that i want to make is to export some data from an internal table into a z transparent table and then to make a DBLink with this table from an external system to take the records .

>

> If there is another workaround for this is accepted from me.

>

> The only way that is not acceptable is the flat files to a server location.

>

> Any ideas for this?

Since you're going to use a DBLINK anyhow, why not push the data to the other database into a inbound table?

That way you don't need to fool around with the Oracle/SAP license regulations and still get your data to where you want it.

Also, this interface would be much more controllable and manageable.

You can log what data was transferred when and so on...

Just my two cents.

best regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have a process to do this solution.

How to create an inbound table.

Any help with this solution? I don't know from where to begin!

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have a process to do this solution.

What?

How to create an inbound table.

Come on...

You're your source table...

And you know which of those columns are required in your target system...

You create a table in your target system with exactly these fields (and maybe some additional timestamp or load sequence etc. metadata).

Now you make this target table (the inbound as it's seen by your target system) available to ABAP by creating a db_link.

Build a view on top of this db_link and create a ABAP ddic entry (SE11) for this View.

Now you can easily write an ABAP report that fetches data from your source table and writes them into this View.

Oracle internally will then hand these inserts/updates over to the remote database.

Et voilá: your data is in the other database.

Any help with this solution? I don't know from where to begin!

This should not be too difficult.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done this method with db link but instead of the view creation and make a view in data dictionary, i have a program in abap with native sql that insert data into this table. The program execution is correct but when i must read the data onto the other system the greeks are as chinese.

You suggest to try your solution?

When I create a view on database, how can i declare this view in se11?

Thanks again for your support.

Edited by: gkarag on Oct 4, 2010 10:50 AM

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I have done this method with db link but instead of the view creation and make a view in data dictionary, i have a program in abap with native sql that insert data into this table. The program execution is correct but when i must read the data onto the other system the greeks are as chinese.

>

> You suggest to try your solution?

>

> Thanks again for your support.

Well, instead of a DBlink you could also use a secondary database connection from the workprocess to the other database.

For this connection you can specifiy a different set of NLS parameters in the connection details (DBCO).

That should fix your codepage conversion issue.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have completely lost. Do you have any example?

An example to setup my view into ddic?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. I have a non unicode sap system.

I can't view the note that you describe.

Please tell me what happened with Greek NLS because all the greek characters are with "?"

Edited by: gkarag on Apr 12, 2010 1:38 PM

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

this is not possible, because of the way how the data is converted (or better said not converted) in a SAP environment.

This stuff is explained in sapnote #606359 .. and example is also given

A side effect of this procedure, however, is that some characters (German umlauts, for example) will be displayed incorrectly when you read the data directly from the Oracle database with tools such as sqlplus. This, however, is not a problem - the important issue is that the R/3 system retrieves the data from the database in the same format as it was written into the database.

Regards

Stefan