cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal 2008: Text, Can Grow=true, Max Lines=0, truncated after 2 lines

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a fairly simple, grouped report with a handful of fields in each Detail section, one of which is a note/text field. I put the text field on its own line and set Can Grow = true, max lines = 0 so that it will display what it needs to display.

This happens to be a crystalreports.com report using data coming from Salesforce, and I can see in the source report that I have about 7 lines of text for one of my groups, but crystal is truncating it after two lines, and in the middle of a word.

The word ('for') doesn't have any obvious special characters in it, so I'm guessing that there's some sort of character limit that I'm bumping up against.

I have another record that is returning more than two lines, though; are there particular characters that could cause this? I can scrub the data and/or put Salesforce Validation Rules in place to try and prevent them from getting in.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Duncan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Please re-post if this is still an issue or purchase a case and have a dedicated support engineer work with you directly:

http://store.businessobjects.com/store/bobjamer/DisplayProductByTypePage&parentCategoryID=&categoryI...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update: I am using a salesforce.com report for the datasource, and all of the fields are being imported as strings (255 characters), regardless of the actual field type in salesforce.com.

Is there a way to force crystal to recognize the field as a memo type instead?