Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast Consumption in SNP for shipped qty's

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I got a question for forecast consumption in SNP and whether forecast stays "consumed" or not after a customer orders gets shipped (Post Goods Issue).

My example is: I have a weekly bucket forecast qty of 100 in DP and release this to SNP. Now in SNP planning book I have 30 units of open Customer Demand against it ... means I have 70 in Forecast line (30 units got consumed correctly). Once I create a shipment for the open Customer Order of 30 units in R3 the situations remains the same .. but if I post the Goods Issue now on the delivery document the Customer Demand disappears (which is correct) but my Forecast line increases again from 70 to 100. I thought forecast consumption in APO would "remember" the already shipped quantities ? I know that you can reorganize open forecast but want I'm looking for is the standard R3 behaviour of keeping already shipped qty's as consumed. Can anybody help here or explain ?

Regards

Thomas

Using SCM5.0

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For shipped quantity update you need one extra key figure(order series). The Badi enhancement can be applied in R/3 to trigger the sales allocated/sales quantity. However the sales allocation/shipped quantity can be visible in demand planning but need configuration in BIW for same.

So as per your concern you need the shipped quantity details in SNP so you need to perform BADI enhancement. Since shipping is not the standard part of SNP and TLB is the end result of SNP then it is sure that you need to perform the enhancement activity to trigger the shipped quantity to transfer from R/3 to SNP.

Regards,

Santosh Kumar Mishra

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

tks for your reply. I didn't know that SNP Standard cannot handle FCST consumption against with drawn (shipped) qty's.

What would be "best practise" then in SNP - during the day using an SNP planning book would have the problem that the planner see previously consumed FCST coming up again just after a shipment posted in R3 ?

Regards

Thomas

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I just learned that SNP can handle Fcst consumption against shipped qty's if you activate the "Req reduction" in the CIF Model (R3 --> CFM1 --> Option "Req reduct."). It creates "with drawn qty" elements in APO which consume the FCST in SNP. Only problem is that once you release FCST again from DP to SNP that such shipped qty is lost.

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

There is a very useful OSS note 159937 (Checklist for requirements consumption and reduction in APO) on this subject.

Instead of reproducing checklist points from this note, I think, you may please study this note.

This will help you in understanding, interpreting the results.

Regards

Datta

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Datta,

I checked the note - there is only point 9 in the list saying:

"9. During goods issue for the delivery in R/3, the forecast is always reduced to the date requested by the customer. In addition, overdeliveries are ignored."

Unfortunately this doesn't explain how it works or needs to be done to have FCST consumption happen in APO_SNP based on shipped qty's. In my case FCST consumption works okay up to the point of posting the goods issue on a delivery document. I wonder if there something I need to activate somewhere to have this working since I can't see any "with drawn qty" in APO.

Any other hints ?

Regards

Thomas