Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Sourcing/CLM - next versions?

lars_steffensen
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

We concider to implement the E-sourcing/CLM solution.

But I can see that the mainstream maintenance of the current versions (e-sourcing 5.1/CLM 2.0) ends in 2012.

Therefor we would rather wait for the next version if it is released soon.

I can see that e-sourcing 6/CLM 3 is available as a hosted solution.

Will the not-hosted solutions be GA soon?

Best regards

Lars

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u2026Whatu2019s the change from SAPu2019s latest on the product line?

- Current version of SAP E-Sourcing is 5.1

- E-Sourcing 6.0 will be made available as "On-Demand" multi-tenant solution. For the customers who are interested in "Single Tenant Hosted" deployment option, we will be also offering "On-Demand Private

Edition" of E-Sourcing 6.0 at the same time, November 26, 2009. Customers who are interested in the "On-Premise" deployment will need to wait for the next release, E-Sourcing 7.0, currently scheduled for

August 2010.

So what is the suggested way forward if you want to upgrade from E-sourcing 5.1(on premise) to E-Sourcing 6.0?

And what is the suggested way for customers who want to have new E-Sourcing 6.0 on premise installed? Is it not an option or wait till Aug 2010?

This is what SAP has to say

SAP have made strategic decision not to make the "On-Premise" deployment option available for every "On-Demand" release.

- In order to introduce new features faster, SAP will be focusing on "On-Demand" solution with a new release in every six months. (New OD releases scheduled for Q2 2010, Q4 2010, Q2 2011, Q4 2011, etc..)

- On-Premise customers typically do not upgrade every six months. When SAP delivers an "On-Premise" release, it will be a cumulative release that includes all new features delivered in the all prior "On-Demand" releases. So, SAP will continue to provide new features to "On-Premise" customers and will continue to provide a reasonable migration path for all On-Premise customers. However, it won't be as frequent as "On-Demand" releases and the "On-Premise" release will be synchronized with the SAP Business Suite release cycle.

Next "On-Premise" release (E-Sourcing 7.0) is currently scheduled for August 2010.

Hope this helps

~Ankush

lars_steffensen
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush and Scott

Thank you very much for your replies.

This was exactly the information I needed.

Best Regards

Lars

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BuckeyeScott
Explorer
0 Kudos

Lars,

SAP E-Sourcing 6.0 is available as an on-demand (hosted by SAP) solution only. You will need to wait for version 7.0 for the on-premise (hosted internally) solution. From what I have heard, version 7.0 ramp-up will begin soon after the 6.0 GA date.

Best Regards, Scott