Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account detrmination error

neeraj_bhardwaj4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Let me know if this is not the right place to post this query.

I am having a strange issue...

Case1

While doing MB1A for Material A for movement type 333, I am entering Material number, quantity, batch number and then pressing enter...Then saving it... the posting is done for account AAAAAA with profit center from Material master...

Case2

While doing MB1A for Material B for movement type 333, I am entering Material number, quantity, batch number and then pressing enter...

I get warning message that Profitability segment being derived again

Then saving it... the posting is done for the same account (as in case 1) AAAAAA with profit center OTHER THAN from Material master... I think there are some predefined settings for this..

Valuation class and GL account detrmination is same for both the materials

Cost Center field is coming greyed out in Case2

Requirement:

1) I want to know why system is behaving different for these two materials.

2) What is the predefined setting being used which is overwriting the profit center from material master.

3) I want Case1 to behave same as Case2

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the profit-center is derived from the master data of the co object (probably cost center). This overrides the profit center from the material master.

I can't tell you why the cost center is greyed out. Is it greyed out when you first enter the second screen of MB1A? Before entering the material? If yes, then there must be a difference in what you entered on the first screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Check if you have any profit center derivation or COPA derivation rules that are changing the your original profit center from Material Master.

2. Check any OKB9 settings are impacting the profit cetner.

Hope it helps!!!

Warm regards

Balaji Pabbisetty