cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the co-ordinates of a dynamically created input field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frn's

i have created a dynamic text view . but this text view is not appearing at proper position . I want palce it infront of a dynamically created input field . how can i do this ?

as i am thinking ...i should first of all get info about the co-ordinates of dynamaclly creatd input field . and with respect to these co-ordinates ...set the position of text View .

Please suggest your thoughts .

Thanks and Regards

Priyank Dixit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no provision in WD for getting screen coordinates and then placing the UI element.

You to add the UI element to layout editor and based on the layout type it will add the UI element to respective position.

I would advice not to create dynamic UI elements( instead you can create them statically and then play with visibility status through context binding ). This will be more effective way and less error prone. This is also recommended practice.

still,For dynamic creation you can refer to following wiki:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/CreatingUIElementsDynamicallyinAbapWebdynpro+Application

regards

Manas Dua

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use MATRIX layout for that purpose. Get the label first as MATRIX HEADDATA and the input field as MATRIX data. Refer to this link of my article for more details-

[Build Dynamic UI|http://divulgesap.com/blog.php?p=MTEx]

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Ravikiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to set the layout of the view by using the properties.

Further you can also try to create the text view as matrixdata or matrix head data DYNAMICALLY, so that it will appear in front of your input field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyank.

There is no way of getting the Co-Ordinates of UI Element in the view..As Ur Requirement can be solved by setting the LAY OUT of the view..