cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP 5.3: automatically generate User ID

0 Kudos

Hello All,

Is it possible to automatically generate SAP User ID when request is creating in CUP?

Users in AD have long logins like "firstname.lastname". But it is possible to implement truncating procedure on CUA side taking into account using existing SAP users.

The best way will be to call Web Service or RFC from CUA when a request is created?

What could you propose?

Thanks in advance,

Anton.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

sorry, there is no automatic procedure to generate a user ID in CUP.

You can either enter a user ID manually, or have a process around ActiveDirectory that creates an LDAP field that holds the SAP user ID.

Having said that, my recommendation is something else:

If you start issuing a second user ID, you're building up a heap of work that will catch up with you in a few years. Anything you do in relation with IT governance or identity management will become significantly more difficult. Believe me, you'll regret that pretty soon.

I would recommend thinking about implementing a global user ID that you can use in ALL systems sooner or later. There is no need to roll the new user ID out to all applications immediately, but you could start using it in SAP first. Then make it the deafult for new users in other applications, and plan migrating existing users over when appropriate.

Multiple IDs per user is a desaster waiting to happen, and will be a problem in many projects for years to come.

Frank.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

martin_trachsel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Yes it's possible to create now SAP Accounts with the CUP procedure.

You have to configure the request typ "New Account".

If you choose this request type, you have to choose "login for another user", than you can put a any SAP Account if you want.

For the procedure of automatically creating SAP Account out of CUP, you have in to configure that in the configuration side.

I hope it's ok for you?

Thanks,

Martin

0 Kudos

Hello all!

Any opinion?

Best regards, Anton.