cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Cell Variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i am trying to export my table values in to excel, except one column, everything is exported fine. That column consists no values in table, but it replicate some "WORDS" in excel.

Column name -> STATUS

In table it shows 0000, but after exporting it contains "NOT STARTED". What would be the problem here.?

This Problem arise when I remove the Cell Variant.

Regards,

Susil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is solved

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And what was the solution? for the benefit of those who may find this thread in the future?

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Susil,

I would suggest that the column's editor is bound to an attribute which has a data element which is related to a domain which has fixed values.

The export is converting the values into text. (Is by any chance the cell displayed as a dropdown by key in your ALV?)

Do you want the numeric value exported?

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes i want the numeric value to be exported in the Excel. What should i have to do for that?

Regards,

Susil

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the simplest answer - change the data type of the attribute that you are binding to the ALV table to be a generic type rather than the data element you are currently using.

It should always then display as data rather than looking up any reference.

You may find you need to update the code you are using to populate your table if you were using "move-corresponding" for example.

Hope this helps,

Chris