cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP parameter token - Crystal Report 8.8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I want to create a parameter for selection of BPCode, myparameter@select * from OCRD works well. The idea of filtering with properties etc is fantastic.

However, what I need is to create a parameter with value in AddID in OCRD.

I have tried myparameter@select AddID from OCRD, but, it is not displaying the list for AddID capture in OCRD, instead, it display the same UI as myparameter@select * from OCRD.

How do I get by this?

I have tried, range, multiple value, does not work at all.

Did I miss something?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you exactly need? Since AddID is not a key value, are all values unique with each BP? Have you tried Command function to run query directly?

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon,

Thanks for replying.

I want to create parameter, as simple as that. Parameter should not be restricted with key value.

In standard Crystal Report, you can create parameter, if you set it as Dynamic, set it to refer to any table field, and use it in report, when running the report, the parameter will be populated with value of the referred field.

How does this work with SAP 8.8?

Are we suppose to use syntax like myparameter@select AddID from OCRD or we just create dynamic parameter as normal?

I have tried both and it does not seems to work properly.

1. If i use myparameter@select AddID from OCRD, it comes out with selecting for OCRD will all those properties, which I am not interested.

2. If I create a dynamic parameter, when runnign the reprot within SAP, nothing has come out on the list for selection.

Has anyone tried that?

No, SQL Command is not what I am interestded,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone successfully created parameter that are not key field of tables like OCRD and OACT?

Has anyone work with dynamic parameter and manage to run it within SAP Business One 8.8?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shwu Hua Gan

I have the same problem with the OSLP table, I want to show the SlpName column as a parameter but I can't.

I don't know why the state of this message is answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

You need to upgrade to PL10 , which resolve creating parameter based on non-standard fields.

From the forum, some has claimed dynamic parameter works, but I don't think so. Anyway, with the parameter token working fine now, there should not be an issue to you any more.

If you intend to upgrade your client to latest patch, I was informed PL11 is stable. However, there was some other issues with PL12, so, don't upgrade your client to PL12 at the moment.

The forum was in status closed because no one has answered and so, I just closed it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the information, unfortunately I'm on PL 12 and I have to wait until to the next patch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I think you should re-open this thread, I suspect it may get very long!

I am trying to create an optional, dynamic parameter for Territory, joining OCRD to OTER, as this can be blank in OCRD it needs to be left join & optional.

No luck whatsoever at this stage. Our original report was based on a view & runs fine in 2007A.

I do have a Webex with SAP tomorrow (hopefully), but it seems the 8.8 functionality is a backwards step from 2007A, which is not an incentive to upgrade.

By the way, what are the issues with patch 12 of 8.8?