cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link between code and code groups and inspection type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to know the link between code and Code Group for UD and inspection type?

There is an option of choosing Usage selected set in SPRO "Seeting for inspection type".If i dont enter anything there,will it show all the code groups in the system while taking UD?

Pls guide

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreya,

Yes, the link between code and Code Group for UD and inspection type is specific selection of UD related to specific inspection type. Ex. there are separate UD codes individually for Goods receipt against PO, Gr against Production or for In-process inspection ets. so If you assign the selected sets at SPRO Inspection type, then while doing UD system will show UD codes related to only that inspection type.

If you don't enter anything there at SPRO, you will see all the code groups in the system while taking UD and one can get confused in selecting the relevant code.

so assigning of UD selected sets, plant wise (tick) at " Inspection types" is best practice.

Best Regards,

Shekhar

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you put the value in the UD Selected set for the given inspection type, then while giving the usage decision code, it will give only codes related to chosen selected set only, else system proposed all the selected set.

Thanks

SUMIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

In my system I see that no codes are defined under code groups which defined under catatlog type 03(i.e usage decision)(T-code QS42) .And also thr is no selected set in the system.

Then also on doing F4 ,on usage decision screen,i get the code groups defined under catalog type 3 and under the code groups there are codes as well.

How is it when there are no codes visible under code group in T-code QS42

Edited by: Shreya Gautam. on Apr 9, 2010 5:43 PM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are always codes in the system. SAP delivers a set of codes in catalog 3. So unless someone deleted them you are seeing another problem.

There is a known issue in displaying codes. Take a look at these two notes and see if they apply to your system.

1078292 and 1091604

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

check t code QS52 .These are selected set & not code gr of catlog 3