cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Management of ABAP program gives the wrong request number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i click on Utilities-->Version Management for any program it is not giving me the latest request number as the version info. My system is ECC 6.0 and the kernel level is 175. Please help.

Regards,

Sridevi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this your dev or quality or prod system?

Does this system undergo any client copy/system copy?

Check if the transport for the abap program has been moved to this system.

With the available information in the question, its very difficult to analyze.

Please post addtional details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. This is my development system (DE5). It is a production (PR5) system copy. The program is moved to DE5. The source code in both the systems is same. However the Version Management utility gives the wrong information in DE5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you do user master with variants import after your system copy in your development?

Did the program created in Production and moved to development or from dev to prod?

Which system has the latest timestamp of the transport request?

once you identified the system,which has the latest change...check if the transport has been moved to the other system.

Note:

Its a wrong practice to rebuild your development with your production.

You development has already lost all the version history and you may not get past history.

Its most like a coplicated scenarion than the traditional one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We know it is a wrong practice to do a system copy from prod to dev. But we had to do it under special circumstances. All the requests have been moved from Dev to Prod. When i do a remote comparison of the code between dev and prod i see that both are same. However the information displayed by Version Management is wrong. It gives the wrong request number as the active one in Dev.

PS: I did not do a user master import after the system copy.

Regards,

Sridevi

former_member256962
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sridevi,Hope you remember me...Anyways for such procedure please follow note 130906 to transport version data properly.

This note exactly tells the scenario of copying PROD to DEV eventhough not recommended by SAP