Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Not Displaying when the Appln Is deployed

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

HI i have a simple WD Appln where i am displaying a image

I have put the image in the appropriate directory ...and able to see the image in the view in the NWDS.

But when i deploy the appln the image does not appear.

Can anybody tell me why .

regards

Nilesh Taunk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In which folder did you put the image and how did you set the Image.source property?

You could look in to the rendered HTML source and search for the generated URL of the image. What's the URL?

Armin

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

HI i have pit the image in the following folder

<Projectname>\src\mimes\Components\<packagename>\MY_IMAGE.PNG

And have set the source property of the Image UI Element from NWDS statically before deploying in the properties section

regards

Nilesh Taunk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you used uppercase also in the property setting? Or maybe your browser cannot display that PNG image?

Which URL appears in the HTML?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

I am also facing the same problem. I have an image that i want to showing on a linkto action. I have the set image source path at design time which is located in some drive. When i run tha application on my machine the image shows but when i run on some other machine it dosen't appear.

Please suggest what i have to do so that the local image goes on to the server as a part of deployment and what is the path that i have to specify in the image source at design time.

I have also tried to copy the image to my application\src\mimes\Components\imagefile and set the total path to the image source like c:\myworkspace\application\src\mimes\Components\imagefilestill it is only showing on my machine when run.

Any Suggestions....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put your image, e.g. "pic.gif" in folder src/mimes/components/<name-of-component>.

Use the filename as the image source, e.g. in an Image or Caption or LinkToAction UI element.

That's it.

Armin

former_member286976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

I also faced the same problem once before. But when I changed file type from PNG to GIF, it worked fine.So just try out that option.

Regards,

Sudeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All thanks for your help

the only thing that i was missing is i have not created a folder in the Myworksapce\Myapplication\src\mimes\Components\

with the name of my package that i have assigned while creating the webdynpro component. After creating the folder with the packagename + mycomponent and putting all the image files there it is working fine.

Mukesh