cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial invoice with multiple deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a scenario where I am suppose to make single partial invoice for multiple Deliveries, let me explain with an example

Delivery No Quantity

50103540 1000

50103541 500

50103542 500

Now if I club the three deliveries i will get 2000 as invoice quantity but i want to make the invoice for 1700 making the three deliveries as part of the invoice. I have achieved this for the below document types

Sales Doc Type | Delivery type | Billing type

ZVCC ZAJF ZAF2

But while doing the same for the below mentioned document types the invoice is being created but instead of one invoice it is creating three invoice nos for three deliveries.

Sales Doc Type | Delivery type | Billing type

ZExp ZAJF ZAF2

Item category is same standard for both TAC

Hope i am clear in this problem

Regards

BMS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please check your COPY CONTROL setting between your Delivery Type ZAJF and Billing Type ZAF2 by

Tcode: VTFL and Goto Item level and click on TAC Item category and maintain field DATA VBRK/VBRP

as 003 instead of 001.

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I could indentify the problem behind the split of invoice for multiple Deliveries, the reason is because of different nos in Number of foreign trade data.

So is it possible to process the delivery without this no or can we make this no as common for atleast for all the deliveries raised against a Sales order, so that i can club the multiple deliveries for a single invoice.

waiting for reply

BMS

alex_zheng
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the delivery header table LIKP, the field EXNUM is the key between the foreign trade tables EIKP and EIPO, as the foreign trade

information are not stored on the delivery itself.

During the delivery creation, system checks the country of the shipping plant and the country of the ship-to party. If these two are

not the same, the foreign trade routine kicks-in and an EXNUM is assigned.

During the invoice creation, system checks your "Det. export segment" (EXPIM) setting in Copy Control.

1. If it is blank, the system refers to the same EXNUM for the FT data in the invoice (similar scenario as the delivery, however, the

EXNUM from LIKP is moved to VBRK but it points to the same entries).

2. If the value 'A' is used, then the contents of fields to which EXNUM points are copied but given a new EXNUM stored in VBRK (this is used to avoid an invoice split when combining deliveries).

3. If the value 'B' is used, the the system knows that EXNUM from the source document is to be ignored and the systems runs the FT routine to read the values anew from customizing. This is the value which is ordinarily used for a order-related billing.

In the standard system when the copy control is set to " " this usually causes an invoice split as EXNUM is a split criteria so Instead of one invoice created, seperate invoice would be created for each delivery based on the deliveries EXNUM.

Your setting should be either "A" or "B" in order to avoid the split

Please check with your consulants and decide which settings best suit your business enviornment.

Can you please review your copy control settings in VTFL:

VTFL Delivery <-> Invoice

Alternatively, create your own data transfer routine where you can clear the value in the copy to avoid the invoice split.

Unless you do either of these actions the invoices will always split because the exnum is determined for each delivery as they are created.

Thanks,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I hope my concern was very much clear

I could indentify the problem behind the split of invoice for multiple Deliveries, the reason is because of different nos in Number of foreign trade data field.

So is it possible to process the delivery without this no or can we make this no as common for atleast for all the deliveries raised against a Sales order, so that i can club the multiple deliveries for a single invoice. or can we make the system not to consider this Number of foreign trade data so that system can club the deliveries

waiting for reply

BMS

alex_zheng
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BMS,

I think I have already answered your question.

If you are using the foreign trade functionality, it is necessary to generate the EXNUM during delivery creation.

And the exnum is determined for each delivery as they are created, there is no standard way to make all the

delivery use just one EXNUM.

To combine the several deliveries into one invoice, please consider to adjust the setting of "Det. export segment"

in copy control into 'A' or 'B', this could make the sys assign the same EXNUM in the billing so that this number would

not cause a invoice split.

Cheers,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are using VF04 for collective billing, did you check the split analysis result in simulation mode?

Regards,

Nikhil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Per last post, start with split analysis, it will tell you why SAP is creating multiple invoices for you. Common causes are:

- Payment terms not the same

- Different ship to country/region

- copy routine 003 instead of 001

Frank