cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread keeps on running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From time to time we are experiencing a thread that keeps on running forever with these properties:

PROCESS COMPONENT:: NW:DI:HTTP:POST;

THREAD NAME:: SAPEngine_System_Threadimpl:5_xx

USER ID:: SLDDSUSER;

We are running Netweaver EP6 SP24

The problem is fixed after a server restart. A threaddump analysis reveals no deadlocks.

In Visual Administrator, the SLD data supplier config towards Solution Manager is ok (Send result 'success' & configuration status 'valid' )

No idea why NW:DI:HTTP:POST is mentioned as process component, we did not install NWDI usage type.

Any ideas?

Kr,

Jeroen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why exactly are you checking the threaddump? Is your system experiencing any hang/slow performance? I would not worry about this thread unless it is shown to occupy very high cpu or causing blockage/exhaustion of threads.

Regards,

Snehal Bhaidasna

SAP Labs, Palo Alto, cA(USA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

we do a permanent monitoring of the running threads of the portal, as part of an internal keep-it-running policy. This is how we noticed that there's a long-running process.

At the moment we haven't classified the thread as dangerous, but we want to know why it is running. If it is not a necessary process, we would like to stop its execution. We cannot find at the moment related SAP documentation.

Thank you in advance for your answer,

Todor Todorov

SAP Portal Administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Todor,

From the lines you pasted it seems like some SLD process. However, I can't say for sure what it is doing unless you paste the entire stack!

Also, certain threads act as listeners and they are always running! I'm not sure if this falls in that category without the entire stack however you should not worry about any thread Unless that thread is blocking other threads and causing any issues.

There is no way you can kill any particular thread - only processes can be killed. JVM doesn't allow that.

Regards,

Snehal