cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching one DTR Server to other...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had configured one DTR server in my NWDS and it was working fine. But now the development needs to be done on the other DTR server.

I have changed the URL at "development configuration pool" and created a new client for the new DTR server. But when I try to login with the user of the new server, the authentication is getting checked with the previous server only and hence its failing. The error is: "Build Server <previous server>: Invalid Username and/or Password"

Can anyone please sugesst me what needs to be done in order to change the build server to the new one.

Thanks and Regards,

Mausam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mausam,

You will need to have the same user and password in both the systems for this work. Please try this and let us know if you still face this problem.

Also please make sure that your new client is selected before you login

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

Thanks for the reply. By creating same user I'm able to login to the new DTR. But, I'm getting some errors while importing configuration.

The error is : "com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.LcrException: com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.CIMClientException: HTTP response code: 403 Forbidden"

And the solution in this way doesn't seem to make sense to me. What if I want to scrap the previous DTR server and want to totally switch over to new one? Do we have any reference file where in I can change the DTR server name and completely remove entries for the previous one?

Regards,

Mausam

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mausam,

First thing the error is because your user does not have proper access in the SLD mentioned on the domain data tab.

Please refer to the JDi post installation guide for assigning proper authorizations.

You can delete the client from DTR perspective as well. This capapbility is there. However if you are using track based development you should not delete clients but should remove the whole Dev Config. That will remove the clients as well.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sidharth

Answers (0)