Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needs help for one request related probleam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one auto generated program In testing and production client but the program doesn't exists in development system.

Now suppose with the same program name i created a t-code and import to quality ,should this give any probleam because program doesn't exist in dev. but it exists in quality system.

Need help???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it's not a good idea to create transactions for ABAP queries directly with the program name. It should be done with transaction START_REPORT . Check the links for creation of transaction for ABAP queries.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a tcode directly with the same program name whcih similar to auto generated program in quality and production.

Though the program does not exist it will create the tcode.

If you get the problem then use this technique:

Create one program with the same name in Development. Do not put any code in the program save it in local object.

Now create the tcode and just transport the request to Quality. See that in the request you create does not have the object of the program. it should have the object of only tcode. this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Ravi P

Edited by: Ravikumar P on Apr 9, 2010 11:09 AM

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think there will be no problem. The transaction will work in preproduction, if the correct parameters are provided in the transaction. it will dump in development saying no program found. But, I haven't tried it any time.

Could you tell what kind of autogenerated program it is? Is it an ABAP query program ?

0 Kudos

Hi,

its a query generated program and program name is ''AQCSPU==========ZPSPOWHO======''.

0 Kudos

can somebody reply my question?

i am still waiting for answer

0 Kudos

Hi,

What's wrong with this answer

if it is a query program then you need to create it..

that S.Janagar has provided? Or the many other things that have been suggested?

Regards,

Nick

former_member183990
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if it is a query program then you need to create it..

else

if it is an ordinary ABAP program

just give the program name

and give create with the same development class as in production and quality

and go to version management and retrive the previous version.

Cheers

S.Janagar

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it's not a good idea to create transactions for ABAP queries directly with the program name. It should be done with transaction START_REPORT . Check the links for creation of transaction for ABAP queries.