cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Transport: Version conflict.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a doubt on a particular scenario while transporting object from QA to PRD using File transport.

I have exported a tpz file say 1.tpz from QA with say the following objects

Obj_1(ver 1.0)

Obj_2(ver 1.0)

Obj_3(ver 1.0)

Now before this 1.tpz is imported in PRD few more changes happend to Obj_3 and I exported again a file say 2.tpz

Now this 2.tpz has only Obj_3(ver 2.0)

Now the basis has by mistake Imported this 2.tpz file before importing the 1.tpz file. SO in my PRD the object Obj_3 is existing with a advance version i.e 2.0

Now my doubt is can we Import 1.tpz now in PRD and then again import 2.tpz ?

I am having a feeling that we will definately get in version conflict. Even if I ignore the warning during transport and go ahead with this procedure of importing 1.tpz and then 2.tpz again, will it impact my scenarios.

I am lookign for a quick suggestions.

Regards,

Rahul.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not just creating a new transport for only Obj_1 and Obj_2 ? And then import that. Then you will get no conflicts. Because Obj_3 is already correct in PROD and will not be transported again.

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

If you import V1 file first & later V2, it will not impact on your scenarion & you wil be able to see latest object in PRD.

But V2 is already imported so import of V1 may not be successful.

You may generate a new export if possible & transport this. It should include all object with their lastest version.

Regards

Sushil