Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote mail setting - Development system pointing to Production system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

Please advise regarding the following:

In the SAP Development system, via transaction SU01 for a specific user of course, on the Address tab when you click on the "Other communication" button and choose Remote Mail (RML) - the system I see there is the SAP Production system (R3P).

I understand that the R3P setting is taken through to Development during a routine system copy from Production to Development. My question now is - how can I change this setting to point to the SAP Development system in the SAP Development system? also can this be done for all users in bulk?

Regards,

Keith Kibuuka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

how can I change this setting to point to the SAP Development system in the SAP Development system?

-->>Go to change mode of User Maintenance Screen in SU01.

-->>Then Go to "Other Communication.." section.

-->>Select "RML Remote Mail" method. Here you will get the option of maintaining the RML entries.

-->>Then you can add the new entry with your new SAP system ID (which is a result of System copy from PRD system).

-->>Also, you can delete the existing entry which is pointing to your PRD system.

also can this be done for all users in bulk?

It will require Manual changes for all the required SAP Users in required client.

ADR7 Table is responsible for storing all RML address entries for specific client's Users. You can perform mass edit in this Table using SE16N, if User counts in that client are more.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in which way would your question be relevant to either SAP MaxDB or liveCache?

I take it you used the wrong (sub)orum for your question(s).

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The ERP system is running on Max DB. Client copies are basis related. I had imagined that the issue may be Basis related (for example an issue with transaction SCOT would be Basis related).

Do you perhaps have a suggestion of a more appropriate forum to post to?

Regards,

Keith Kibuuka

Edited by: Keith Kibuuka on Apr 9, 2010 9:55 AM

Edited by: Keith Kibuuka on Apr 9, 2010 9:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

I have already answered your query,

in future use general forum i.e Netweaver general forum for posting such query.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not perform mass change using SU10 for communication settings. you need to write catt script or BDC for that.

check

regards,

kaushal