cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS MSS Configuration document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is lot of document available for ESS/MSS configuration in SDN.But i need to configure ESS/MSS in ECC6 and EP7.1 environment.Can someone send me the specific configuration guide or documentation (Not sap help) for setting up self services application in ECC6 and EP7.1 environment?

Thanks,

Kundan

Edited by: Kundan 2009 on Apr 9, 2010 8:25 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you find ess/mss configuration document for older versions in sdn , follow same steps as they are still valid.for backend configuration , you can search for home page framework article.

Regards,

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you send me ESS/MSS back end configuration document for EP 7.1 and ECC 6? Here in EP 7.1 version ESS/MSS is available by default.But we need to configure it with back end.

Thanks,

Kundan

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan,

When you say,

>

> Here in EP 7.1 version ESS/MSS is available by default.

> Kundan

What do you mean by that? Do you mean to say that business package for ESS/MSS came by default in 7.1?

Which version of business package are you using? You need to use ESS BP based on the backend system version. So this cannot come by default in 7.1/ Can you post you portal component info....

As far as I know SAP does not support ESS/MSS on EP 7.1. As I mentined above the wiki link and PAM also states the same.

Regards,

Nirmal Sivakumar G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koti,

Thanks for your useful input.

Thanks,

Kundan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

Yes my EP version is 7.01

Thanks,

Kundan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through below links, i think it can help you in both portal and ECC for ESS/MSS

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/WalkthroughInstallationofSAPNetWeaverTrialandESSBusiness+Packages

Thanks,

Sreeni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kundan,

ESS/MSS business packages does not work on EP 7.1 / CE7.1. You have to opt for EP 7.0 or EP7.01(EhP1).

You can refer the below link for all supported EP & ECC versions for ESS.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/HOWTOGETRIDOFSPSTACKMISMATCHISSUES

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Nirmal

• Award points if this helps with your query.