Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

RG1

Dear All

We have a issue related to RG1. My client went Live on SAP in October 2008. Table J_2IRG1BAL is not maintained properly for all the Finished product. Later on whenever some new material created table J_2IRG1BAL was not updated. They keep on extracting the RG1 register and always found it not in proper order. They also use to maintain their manual RG1 register, which they use for Excise Declaration. Now they want that their RG1 should come through the SAP system only.

At present their RG1 Table J_2IRG1BAL is completely messed up. We are unable to determine when they have extracted it , and extraction of RG1 is again not on a systematic manner.

Can some one guide me how can I correct it, can I reload the entire finished goods once again in J_2IRG1BAL as per their Go-Live date. Or we can start from a new date. Do we need to delete old data and tables. Please guide me with details and steps which I can take to correct RG1 and what precaution should I take.

Thanks in advance

Amitesh Anand

Former Member replied

Hi Amitesh ,

You can edit tables J_1irg1 and J_2IRG1BAL.

But before you go for that ,I would suggest that you can check with business team in logistics regarding the Rg1 balances in phyiscal register they are maintaining.

Check for the FG inventory .

Also check for the excise invoice number and billing document number in SAP .

I hope that is all done thru SAP.

whenever you create an excise invoice ,value updating is created which is completed by qunatity updating at the time you run J1I5 and J2I5.

so better way is to get first the Correct balance figures for inventory and RG1 in books ,and then u can update J_2IRG11bal first.

Its like cutover activity while going live , same activity u can repeat if there are no other issues.check with accounts/finance as well.

Summary table (J_1IRGsum) is just for checking input and output flow from Rg1. System checks whether you ahve input qty in RG1SUM greater than outbound , so once you update any input flow for qty in FG through RMA classification you can dispatch material without any error.

For Rg1 table you can edit it once u get all the details.

Pl contact SAP ,they will provide u the edit key for tables.

You need to set up Rg1 serial . but you may not get all the material documents updated in RG1.

also as u mentioned ,new materials are not getting updated ,that means users are not following correct process of updating J1ID .

so either u can write a code with abaper to update J1ID automatically once new material is created.

and u can also check the maintenance of master data through sales order user exit ,sothat sales order will not get saved untill excise masters are present for materials.

this willl avoid any future issues.

Use the available options with maximum cautiion and provide right training to users apart from the enhancement I suggested.

Pl revert for any clarification

I hope this helps

Regards

Mandar

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question