Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding table transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all ,

i have copied a table and activated and used it in a program and transported both program along with tables to quality

. i got error RC = 8.(some domains and data elements not activated). i have again checked and activated all fields and data elemnts and domains , assigned it to a new request and transported again.

i got the same error. RC = 8.

what might be the problem and any altenate solutin becouse there are more than 200 fields in these tables,any help wud be gratefull.

regards,

naren

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naren,

You surely do have a huge problem in hand. 200 fields.

You can minimize the risk of missing something in the transport by using standard domain objects , data elements to the

maximum extent possible.

cant think of anything else.

TC

Sajimon Chandran

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi naren,

you might be missing to activate some domain or data element , so check all the domains again,check whether all the data element and domains are activated also you can see the version comparision.

what you can do is goto se01 under your TR Requst/Task Tab ---> Complete Check there are three checks available ,do all the three checks ,third one is for display inactive objects.

you wiill get the inactive objects there.

hope this will help you.

thanks

tanmaya

0 Kudos

thanks tanmaya and all,

can u guide me on how do i check in se01 ,because when i try to check my already released request it says functionality does not exist.

0 Kudos

hi naren

since u have released the TR you cant check request consistency check but i think you can do inactive object check and object syntax code check.

thnks,

tanmaya

0 Kudos

thanks tanmaya and all,

when i have checked the display inactive objects it ,doesnt show anything .i get a pop up with the request number.

and regarding merging can anyone guide me on that.im new to abap.

Edited by: naren on Apr 9, 2010 2:09 PM

0 Kudos

hi naren,

please go through this link of wiki sdn.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Movingtasksandmergingrequests

ull get to know about merging

thanks

tanmaya

0 Kudos

Hello Naren,

Please check the transport log of the transport in which you transported all the data elements and domains in se09.

It will definately give you some idea of the inactive objects.Check for anything in red

0 Kudos

thanks for all ur replies ,

in the transport log i got information that few domains and data elements are inactive

but the screen shot from basis gives me more number of fields compared to the list in transport log.

but i have found the inactive objects so if i just activate them and assign it to anew request will that solve.

regards,naren

0 Kudos

Naren,

U only need to activate the inactive objects and include them in a new request and transport it again.

It will solve the issue.

Happy Coding

0 Kudos

thanks deep, now i have activated all and assigned it to a new request,if i again face the problem please be there to resolve my issue,tahnks

0 Kudos

Naren,

Every time u release a CTS, always check the transport log for any errors.

It is a good practise

0 Kudos

thanks deep,will definitely follow

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With complex developments you have to be very accurate about your transport requests, so that all relevant objects make it into the next system in the landscape.

1) import transport request(s)

2) if RC = 8 or worse, scan the transport logs for all errors

3) correct the errors in DEV, create new transports containing missing objects, etc.

4) go back to 1)

Sometimes there are circular dependencies between objects, then it can help to import all relevant transport requests again at once. If the number of transports becomes too large, you can combine all objects in those transports into a single one via tx SE03.

Good luck.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

If the requests are spread across, i would suggest you to try 'Merging' the respective requests in a single one and then transport it .

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Kripa Rangachari.