cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import PO cycle change required

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our organization we have configured a standard import PO cycle. In that cycle the Invoice is coming after PO. But in that case we cannot post the goods receipt and so production people cannot issue the material against production order because it is not in stock.

So now we want to have a alternative solution to post the goods receipt before Invoice in case of Import PO cycle.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems like your Goods receipt check is not on in DELIVERY tab, you need to get that tab enabled for your goods receipt to take place, otherwise I dont see any reason why its not allowing you to do goods receipt.

Edited by: Afshad Irani on Apr 9, 2010 7:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scene is different. System is allowing to the post the goods receipt before the IR but due to that the delivery & some other charges are not getting added on material in case of Import scenario. So that in standard Import cycle we have to post the IR before GR for delivery charges. But as we have to take it in stock we have to change the cycle to post the GR before IR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I understand in import case the delivery costs are added later, but for the delivery cost to hit the material, you need to re- ammend the PO when you get the costs and then do GR.

Other way around is to apply Tentative costs to PO and when you do GR, the costs will hit the material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But how to take the material in stock without posting delivery charges in Invoice. And by which the material will get extra charges added on it when the IR will be posted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How often do the process deviate from standard import procurement process? Is it one time scenario or it happens regularly?

you cannot release the materials from customs unless you pay the customs duty (delivery costs in SAP) to them. So you need to perform a IR for this delivery costs prior to receipt of material. Once you receive the materials at plant premises after releasing from customs, you do the GR and use it for production.

If you have local freight and dont know the amount at time of receipt of material, you can follow two process:

1. Add tentative price of freight in PO, and it gets accounted as standard process. Any differences found during IR, can be entered in field "unplanned delv. cost". This will gets updated on the stock, (if consumed, it will get updated on the remaining quantity)

2. Enter the full amount as "unplanned delv. cost". This will gets updated on the stock, (if consumed, it will get updated on the remaining quantity).

Hope it clarifies your doubt.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi imdarpan,

It is a continuous process in our org. Now i hv gone through the steps u told. I hv created import PO the GR and then IR and putted the freight value in PO. Now in PO history tab GR & IR value matches but in delivery doc. its showing 0 quantity. So now where I have to enter that unplanned delivery cost?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In MIRO, in tab "details" you will find the field "Unpl. Del. Csts". Enter the value there.